I don't have a car anymore

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Right now does not seem to be the time to buy a car. Inventory is super low everywhere. Good choice on the Jeep. My mom and a good friend have the same one, sans overland package and with the V8. Nice cars!

I'm biased but nice GC. The overland is a really nice package. Is this the 3.6 or 5.7? 13k is just a baby either way. The air ride is awesome. ONLY issue I can think of is the 3.6 has a known issue with an engine tick. Its a soft hydraulic lifter/rocker arm issue that can eventually wear down the lobe on the cam. Not a huge deal, about 17 bucks worth of parts but the labor is a little bit of a hassle. I'm dealing with it right now on my gladiator. Its a hit or miss thing so most likely it won't even affect you.

Curious what it cost you though. Used car prices are at record levels right now.

It's the 3.6. I wanted to lease a new one but the only place I could find that had 1 listed on their website was in Madison, CT and i called them 3 times Saturday as i was car shopping and they told me they were to busy to run numbers for me or to even check if it was still in stock. The one i actually posted is not the one i got. That one was the 5.7 with 25k on it. But I happened to be driving buy a Jeep dealership in North Haven CT and pulled in just to see what they had and this one was in the Show Room. When i saw it had 13k on and drove it I determined i didn't really need the 5.7. Plenty of power with the 3.6.

I paid $43,500. This is the first time in my life i didn't even bother negotiating. It was the last car I looked at all day and after seeing the barren parking lots of 6 dealerships, I knew it was either take it or leave it.

Any idea if that problem you mentioned would be covered under the powertrain warranty? I have like 4.5 years or 83k left on the CPO warranty. Should i get coverage for the comprehensive.....like the air ride, electronics etc..? They had one for $789 the offered but i declined.

Yup, that'll be covered under the powertrain warranty. It'll need to be looked at by an FCA certified mechanic and they'll determine which rockers lifters and or camshafts will need replaced.

I'd also have them look at the oil filter housing. The 11-16 top mount cooler housings were prone to cracking and we had 56,000 on backorder through April and may. They went through a redesign and got a new part number last month. 2017+ 3.6s had a different design but the housing under the cooler is still a plastic part.

They'll replace the upper intake gaskets while they're at it as well.

Congrats on the new GC, guy. If you want parts keep your VIN handy. Gives us lowly parts people a chance to get you them in a timely manner.

Edit: air ride repairs are $500-1000, plus labor. I priced out JUST the compressor for $789 the other week.

I'd try for any warranty I can put my hands on if I were you.

Last edited:
Yup, that'll be covered under the powertrain warranty. It'll need to be looked at by an FCA certified mechanic and they'll determine which rockers lifters and or camshafts will need replaced.

I'd also have them look at the oil filter housing. The 11-16 top mount cooler housings were prone to cracking and we had 56,000 on backorder through April and may. They went through a redesign and got a new part number last month. 2017+ 3.6s had a different design but the housing under the cooler is still a plastic part.

They'll replace the upper intake gaskets while they're at it as well.

Congrats on the new GC, guy. If you want parts keep your VIN handy. Gives us lowly parts people a chance to get you them in a timely manner.

Edit: air ride repairs are $500-1000, plus labor. I priced out JUST the compressor for $789 the other week.

I'd try for any warranty I can put my hands on if I were you.
Wow thanks man for looking into that and providing that info.

I have an appointment with the dealer today at lunch to get the extended warranty 6 years 100,000. The $789 mentioned was not the warranty they went over with me. It was for some other protection packages. This Auto group(Executive Auto Group) uses the company EasyCare for warranties. Its like $3500. I can also get a warranty directly from Chrysler but it would be a couple hundred more and only 5 years/75k.

3500 for a warranty is totally not worth it. just blow it up before 50k :D beat it up now
This is why i lease. Never have to worry about it. Hopefully I never have to use it but I'm fairly certain I will because that is just my luck with used cars.

Yeah everything I've always read is that it's best to avoid the after market warranties, tire coverages, etc. 3500 seems kinda steep to me but who knows. Not speaking from experience.

Yeah everything I've always read is that it's best to avoid the after market warranties, tire coverages, etc. 3500 seems kinda steep to me but who knows. Not speaking from experience.
Everything out there was about that price or more...Endurance, Olive, Charshield, Carchex...everything was at least $3200 - $4200. Most of these companies require pre auth to get a repair and send out adjusters to look at the car. With going through the dealer, they do all of the leg work. I don't have to file a claim. If it's a covered issue, everything is taken care of by the dealer. NO claims to file, no adjusters, no paperwork. Everything is in their system.

Again, i hope i don't have to use it but at least I have piece of mind now.

I like those Grand Cherokees. I bet you will like it. I test drove a few used limiteds 6 and 8. The 6 has more than enough power, but the 8 is closer in power to my beater grand Cherokee with the high output 4.7. Executive auto will not negotiate, I walked out of there over $750..

I like those Grand Cherokees. I bet you will like it. I test drove a few used limiteds 6 and 8. The 6 has more than enough power, but the 8 is closer in power to my beater grand Cherokee with the high output 4.7. Executive auto will not negotiate, I walked out of there over $750..
I can't find anything I don't like about the car so far. It's about as comfortable as a car as I have ever sat in, other than my buddies 2018 Lincoln Navigator.

Plenty of power, loaded with options, looks fantastic, nice sight lines, more than adequate audio system. perfect size.

With that said, I do already have a problem though, the back up camera stopped working. It would not engage in reverse. I get a blue screen saying its unavailable. It's already being taken care of, they ordered a new camera system which is being installed Thursday and its covered under the CPO warranty. Not a great start to owning the car. Also , the key fob batteries were giving off low battery warnings on the dash, again, not a big deal, they already replaced them for free. Its three years old so that might have been just bad timing.

I'll just have to wait and see if anything else happens. It would be a shame if everything just fell apart on me but at least it will be covered.

I know someone with a brand new Dodge Ram pickup, same issue with the rear camera.
Failed once, dealer reset it, and then it stopped working by the time they got done running errands and got back home to back into the driveway.

Welcome to Chrysler :Z

Hope it's just normal wear items.
The camera is not a normal wear item but the remote batteries are. They're CR2032 batteries, find em for cheap anywhere and throw a couple in the jeep for safe keeping.

The camera is not a normal wear item but the remote batteries are. They're CR2032 batteries, find em for cheap anywhere and throw a couple in the jeep for safe keeping.

It's on batteries? WOW.

The camera? It's hardwired. The key fob batteries are CR2032s.

Also the TPMS sensors are internal battery.
Ahh. I read the sentence like the camera took batteries. I was like WTF.

Back