I got a new job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
Hell yeah suckers! I'm back from all my busy-ness and i have a second job to add to the madness. I do stock at Victoria's Secret Beauty, the place where they sell make up, perfume, mens cologne, etc. So now I work monday thru thursday at the pool at $9.82 and i work friday saturday and sunday at VSB at $7.25. This is in addition to full time college. It's crazy, but hopefully I can save enough money to go to Sweden this spring for study abroad. :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Nov 27 2004, 06:14 PM
nice .. steal me some "sex in a bottle" (its a cologne) and send it to me yoooo... congrats on the 2nd job.. now your a baller . the pool and vcb .. bitches to your left and bitches to your right ... you can party all damn night !!!
[post=422965]Quoted post[/post]​

actually i was told today by about 5 of the girls i work with that they were sad I have a girlfriend of 6 months. they were planning to gang rape me... :D maybe i'll just tell my gf that i'm hanging out with my friends, and have a PARTY with my coworkers!!!!!

well i'm 18. once i guaduate, my school will place me in a job where i will be making around 65k a year, or more. and i'll be barely 21 cause i graduate early. then it's grad school, and a six figure income (easily) shortly after

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 27 2004, 06:19 PM
i don't know how people work for under 10 an hour...  but hey, if yo're happy.  congrats.
[post=422972]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know how people respond to the question "Will an S2000 motor fit in my civic?" more than 26 thousand times. But hey, If you're happy...... :p

minimum wage here is 7.10
or at lersats thats what i get an hour delivering pizzas plus tips

Originally posted by FFCiv@Nov 27 2004, 09:42 PM
[post=423013]Quoted post[/post]​

FU michigan sucks. Our minimum wage is 5.50 an hour. Then again, I make 15 an hour in the summer so I can't complain too much.

NJ minimum wage is 5.15, what I was getting paid a couple years ago at Micky D's. I've moved on to 19.82 and it's a pretty damn easy job.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 27 2004, 06:19 PM
i don't know how people work for under 10 an hour... but hey, if yo're happy. congrats.
[post=422972]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not that easy to get decent jobs without a degree like that.

i don't have a degree and i make 22-ish (whatever 45k salary translates to hourly)

A degree is just a piece of paper. It's your skills that get you a job.
Although, having one is def. a plus for scoring an initial interview.

Federal

$5.15

Alabama
None

Alaska
$7.15

Arizona
None

Arkansas
$5.15

California
$6.75

Colorado
$5.15

Connecticut
$6.90
(will rise to $7.10 on 1/1/04)
Delaware
$6.15

District of Columbia
$6.15

Florida
None

Georgia
$5.15

Hawaii
$6.25

Idaho
$5.15

Illinois
$5.15
(will rise to $7.05 on 1/1/04. Beginning 1/1/04, wage rate will be indexed to inflation—adjustment will occur every Jan. 1)
Indiana
$5.15

Iowa
$5.15

Kansas
$2.65

Kentucky
$5.15

Louisiana
None

Maine
$6.25

Maryland
$5.15

Massachusetts
$6.75

Michigan
$5.15

Minnesota
$5.15

Mississippi
None

Missouri
$5.15

Montana
$5.15

Nebraska
$5.15

Nevada
$5.15

New Hampshire
$5.15

New Jersey
$5.15

New Mexico
$5.15

New York
$5.15

North Carolina
$5.15

North Dakota
$5.15

Ohio
$4.25

Oklahoma
$5.15

Oregon
$6.90
(will rise to $7.05 on 1/1/04. Beginning 1/1/04, wage rate will be indexed to inflation—adjustment will occur every Jan. 1)
Pennsylvania
$5.15

Rhode Island
$6.15
(will rise to $6.75 on 1/1/04)
South Carolina
None

South Dakota
$5.15

Tennessee
None

Texas
$5.15

Utah
$5.15

Vermont
$6.25

Virginia
$5.15

Washington
$7.01
(will rise to $7.16 on 1/1/04. Rate is indexed to inflation—adjusted every Jan. 1)
West Virginia
$5.15

Wisconsin
$5.15

Wyoming
$5.15

So, washington is the place to be if you're a high school kid working a shit mcdonalds-like job :)

and wow, ohio and kansas fucking suck. no wonder theres no freakin jobs there

Originally posted by Callidus@Nov 27 2004, 06:22 PM
well i'm 18. once i guaduate, my school will place me in a job where i will be making around 65k a year, or more. and i'll be barely 21 cause i graduate early. then it's grad school, and a six figure income (easily) shortly after
[post=422976]Quoted post[/post]​

That is the IDEA. hopfully it happens but not always.

Time and time again you will find people with college degrees who work as a server waiting tables or a bar tender most of the time when asked why they're working there they answer the same way. "I can't find a job using my degree there's no openings" or "I can't find a job that pays enough"

It happens all the time and I laugh at everyone who says well if I go to college I'm going to make 60+ k to start with and 2-3 years later crack into the 100+K a year mark

it's for the most part total BS keep in mind this is coming from a kid whos dad has FOUR DEGREES!!!!!!!!! Hes always had a great paying job and it's worked very well for him.

However I still see it all the time were people cannot get a job even with a degree.

Shit my coworker is pisssed off even more then brian! know why? he spent 4 years getting his degree in the mean time his GF who almost didnt make it out of highschool went to a x many month beauty school and now clears about $1000 more a month then he does.

A degree is just a piece of paper. It's your skills that get you a job.
Although, having one is def. a plus for scoring an initial interview.

B said it best!

and wow, ohio and kansas fucking suck. no wonder theres no freakin jobs there

Now you know why I hate living so close to the In/Oh border.

All the buckeyes come over here for jobs. But I don't get it, 10+/hr is much better than min wage jobs, It's not that easy to find a job like yours that are over 10/hr.

You have experience and lots of knowhow in your field, you have to have the experience to get your foot in the door to gain that experience. It's a big run around, kinda like when you need a car to get to work but you need to get to work to be able to afford that car first. :blink:

I started at Ingram at 8.45 and I'm somewhat higher, can't remember exactly what. The only jobs around here that pay 10/hr or higher is highly physically demanding jobs like dock workers or truck loaders, etc.

I loaded the UPS truck at work last tuesday for like an hour and i couldn't lift anything else after that. I can't imagine doing that daily.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Nov 27 2004, 10:28 PM-->
@Nov 27 2004, 09:42 PM
[post=423013]Quoted post[/post]​

FU michigan sucks. Our minimum wage is 5.50 an hour. Then again, I make 15 an hour in the summer so I can't complain too much.
[post=423039]Quoted post[/post]​

Me too. I have a weekend job here that pays 300 for Fridays and Saturdays, and the summer is cake. I get 15.00 an hour to sweep a big ass werehouse.

B, i was just going to post the minimum wage thing. yea luckily i was blessed with a great job during high school and was able to make BANK over the summers. I will just be happy that I will be on salary now rather than having to sell things for a living.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Nov 28 2004, 03:10 AM
It happens all the time and I laugh at everyone who says well if I go to college I'm going to make 60+ k to start with and 2-3 years later crack into the 100+K a year mark
[post=423120]Quoted post[/post]​

yea i hear that alot from my cousin; who is lazy as fuck. age: 20, never had a real job(first one was paid cash for sorting out plastic finger nails; got fired because he worked too slow, only job he EVER had); told everyone he had a black integra type-r but really drives a "Plymouth" Neon, doesnt like to shower(truth, his nickname in our langauge is griehzilla or griehneck, pretty much means greasey or to that nature). this guy fuckin uses school to get paid; if his parents doesnt get him what he wants he threatens to quit school. he thinks he has an insured job after school but i dont know. with his work ethics, i dont know who would hire him.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Nov 28 2004, 03:10 AM
It happens all the time and I laugh at everyone who says well if I go to college I'm going to make 60+ k to start. . .

Yeah very true, a lot of people seem to think that once you get a piece of paper that your minimum wage goes up to 65K hahaha, definitly not true, whats your major Callidus? Also, the average income for a new MBA graduate is 75K, and this usually means with expierence because most grad-schools like to see expierence

Originally posted by Bl6CRX+Nov 28 2004, 12:51 PM-->
@Nov 28 2004, 03:10 AM
It happens all the time and I laugh at everyone who says well if I go to college I'm going to make 60+ k to start. . .

Yeah very true, a lot of people seem to think that once you get a piece of paper that your minimum wage goes up to 65K hahaha, definitly not true, whats your major Callidus? Also, the average income for a new MBA graduate is 75K, and this usually means with expierence because most grad-schools like to see expierence
[post=423216]Quoted post[/post]​

and for the record....

the last year i was at school before i dropped out, i was living with 9 other guys in a townhouse.
the other 9 went on to graduate.

I make more than all of them.

They have degrees, i got the better job.

i have a degree and make fucking 9 dollars an hour, hopefully not much longer but still a degree doesnt mean shit.

oh and to the guy up top thats going to make 65 k when he graduates, what will you be doing because i dont know anyone that made that right out of college, my college promised me the same thing about placing me making 40-50k and you see what im making up top.

Got to love the bullshit colleges feed you about making all this money. A degree unfortunately does not seperate you like they used. Its more a requirement in most cases.
Unless your going for a specilized field, or a field where demand is high and quialified people are low you arne't making 60k out of school.

Back