i got to buy a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
i test drove a 93 hatch today. it has a gsr motor, i/h/e,hasport mounts. alarm. it has a 99 civic front end conversion and full body kit, 16 inch enkeis, it is clean with no body damage and runs perfect and isn't all riced out. he is asking $5900, but how much should i offer. kbb is $4,000 so it isn't a bad deal. heres the ad for it.

well, if you just concentrate on motor and car, not the 99 conversion and kit, you could get the same thing for less. a 93 hatch you could get for under 2 grand, gsr motor full swap for 3 grand (or less), and some bolt ons for under 1 grand, wheels for under 800 bucks, for about the same price, if you play your cards right, you could get the same car without questioning the quality of work done to it.

that front end is hideous. looks like an 1865-spec locomotive cow catcher :bash:

pissedoffoffer: $3000

i'm guessing everyone will recomend just buying a stock hatch and do the swap. anybody here in the northwest like seattle or portland?

i bought fast because i bought the accord stck, had it for 2 years, was about 2 weeks from getting the h22 when it was stolen and totaled by insurance. i wanted to start out fast rather then saying i was going to swap it. i love being able to kill everyone i used to struggle with in the accord!

I think it looks good minus that front bumper. I say get it if you've driven it and checked over the quality of the work done. You can get a 92 hatch and swap for about that price ($2000-$3000 for the car and $3000-$4000 for the GSR swap) but then you have to figure in how much its gonna cost you (whether you do it yourself or have a shop do it) to complete the work. You can have the car ready to drive after purchase or you could spend months on end getting it set-up (depending on if you run into any problems).

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 18 2003, 10:52 PM
i'm guessing everyone will recomend just buying a stock hatch and do the swap. anybody here in the northwest like seattle or portland?

I'm in Everett(north of Seattle) area.

It doesn't look bad besides the drift kit, and its a little to stand out ish for my taste atleast.

that kit is toooo much, and the conversion looks like.....well nothing good. id say do it yourself, youll feel better.

heh...that front end elongates it enough in that picture that it looks like a station wagon Civic. :eek:

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 19 2003, 10:36 AM
heh...that front end elongates it enough in that picture that it looks like a station wagon Civic. :eek:

:werd:
i wouldnt give him over 4000 for that...and thats supposing everything's in immaculate condition

Originally posted by silver@Oct 19 2003, 11:41 AM
:werd:
i wouldnt give him over 4000 for that...and thats supposing everything's in immaculate condition

then you wouldn't get the car. he's prolly got almost that much in paint and bodywork. i say that if you like it and drove it and still like it then get it. offer him like 5300-5500 cash and he'll more than likley take it. if it runs good and looks good on the inside and out then it's worth it. so don't worry about paying more than you should.

paint is acceptable
engine, bodywork, rims -- they dont add to the value of the car...yeah they cost money to put on but in most cases mods like that dont count towards the resale value of the car

offer him 4550 for it and then go buy oem body parts to make it look a little normal. the front end looks long as shit with that bumper on.

Originally posted by silver@Oct 19 2003, 12:18 PM
paint is acceptable
engine, bodywork, rims -- they dont add to the value of the car...yeah they cost money to put on but in most cases mods like that dont count towards the resale value of the car

technically they don't. but they do. at least i know i can sell my rex for more than 2g's. and its spraypainted.

Originally posted by zcrex+Oct 19 2003, 03:36 PM-->
@Oct 19 2003, 12:18 PM
paint is acceptable

technically they don't. but they do. at least i know i can sell my rex for more than 2g's. and its spraypainted.

they do add a little, but definately not as much as you spent

i guess the rule for mods is..... the value of the car plus 40% of the upgrade cost. it would still be hard to pick up a hatch and drop a gsr into it for less than $5000. plus a decent paint job without a conversion is still another $1000.

Back