I grounded myself.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive grounded the terminal of a battery before. and i didnt feel anything, i mean it scared me and made some sparks, but i dindt feel anything. its only 12 volts... i dont think thats enough to go through you, being as you can grab both terminals and nothing happens.

Touching both terminals isn't a problem as it is DC Voltage... Its not the Voltage that kills either... its amps... And a Yellow Top Optima is 900 CCA... Enough to kill you if you held it long enough.

I should also add that yesterday, I was working on some equipment, and trying to straighten out some wiring issues from some hack who knows when... Apparently they decided to hookup 24v DC Source to an AC Leg. Wasn't a problem until I corrected the faulty ground circuit. Smoke Ensued. :D

Dam that's mean
Well we always beat each other up for doing stupid shit.

Its pretty funny one time we rolled my friend down a flight of stairs while sitting in a office chair for bieng a dumbass.

Oh god yes, those things are EVIL.

EDIT: The worst I ever did was when I touched the "happy wire" inside of a running TV. Yes, the big red one coming off of the tube. There's more than one reason the thing on the other side of that wire is called a "flyback transformer".

Last edited:
Has anyone ever accidently touched both wires from outside on a working DSL line? That hurts too. lol

<-- did that twice today trying to put it back down on the 66 block. :(

James in 30 years if he keeps shocking himself:

bttfdoc.jpg

Oh god yes, those things are EVIL.

EDIT: The worst I ever did was when I touched the "happy wire" inside of a running TV. Yes, the big red one coming off of the tube. There's more than one reason the thing on the other side of that wire is called a "flyback transformer".

Ah yes, RF Burns. The worst injury a human being can sustain. An RF Burn arcs between your bones and joints, resulting in a charring of the bone throughout the body. The number one cause of death with RF burns is suicide.

Something to think about when you open a goddam TV. I won't, personally. It's not worth it.

I've seen somebody burn a hole through their hand with a TV... I didn't see the actual hole (I was too much of a pussy to look), but I heard the worst screams I have ever heard.

Back