I have a 95 ex coupe w/d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brandonc33

I have a 95 ex coupe with a d16z6 sohc engine w/roughly 140,000 miles on it.
What would be the best thing to do with it?

How much boost can I run stock and after I build it?

How much power are these engines capable of?

I want to try and build it to run 11's if possible or even better.

Plz leave me some tips on how to build it up

And also what are some great turbos and kits to boost it?

All Motor = stuff some dohc ZC pistons in there, do some head work, get a good cam like the the gude, zex, or crower, and make sure you have a good valvetrain, then tune the hell out of it.

Power - @ 150 - 160 wheel

Compression - @ 12.5:1

Turbo = Run some forged 9.5:1 pistond on some H beam rods, get a good fuel delivery system and a way to tune, and proceed to boost the shit out of it....

Power - @ 200 - 400

Boost capable - 25psi? 30?

I think it would be cheaper to swap a dohc motor than to try to get a sohc into the 11's. With the amount of money you will spend trying to reach this goal it will just be not worth it in the end.

Just swap a k20w/itbs and call it a day. B)

Originally posted by trappd-in-859@Jun 25 2005, 03:54 PM
I think it would be cheaper to swap a dohc motor than to try to get a sohc into the 11's. With the amount of money you will spend trying to reach this goal it will just be not worth it in the end.

Just swap a k20w/itbs and call it a day. B)
[post=516460]Quoted post[/post]​

Do not throw in a K20 with ITB's unless you have unlimited amounts of cash for tuning.
Don't get me wrong go for the K20 just don't go with the ITB's. I agree with sohcslammer idea #2 GO TURBO

Do not throw in a K20 with ITB's unless you have unlimited amounts of cash for tuning.
Don't get me wrong go for the K20 just don't go with the ITB's. I agree with sohcslammer idea #2 GO TURBO
[post=516464]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

But he said he wants to run 11's,reliably i presume, with a d-series. Im not saying it can be done because it definatly can, but for the amount of money he will spend he'd be better off just getting a K.

Originally posted by trappd-in-859@Jun 25 2005, 06:31 PM
[post=516464]Quoted post[/post]​
But he said he wants to run 11's,reliably i presume, with a d-series. Im not saying it can be done because it definatly can, but for the amount of money he will spend he'd be better off just getting a K.
[post=516466]Quoted post[/post]​

:newbie:

Trapped - How does a turbo kit, forged pistons, and forged rods possibly add up to MORE than a K series swap and ITBs. That has got to be the dumbest thing I have heard in a LONG TIME. For the K swap you would need the motor, tranny, ecu, axles, ect.... not to mention another $1000 on the itbs and another $500 to tune the car.... and he still only has 240 horsepower to the crank. You must be a fucking moron if you think a K series swap is cheaper or more powerful than a turbo D series. :nutkick:

P.S. - You do not need to sleeve your block if you do not go past .25 mm bore.

Ok you have a point there but you cant tell me that getting a d-series into the 11's is going to be cheap unless u just get forged internals and spray the shit out of it. Now I could be wrong about this but building any 4cylinder engine able to run 11's is gonna cost alot of money.

Now Im not trying to start a fight or anything like that, Im just here to learn like everyone else.

Back