I have an essay to do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

biglee414

Ok, soo i have this comparison and conrtast essay to do by thurs. I figured a good topic would be N A vs. force induction. Can you guys help me out and give me a list of good stuff I should include in my essay. Or heck even if you have a better topic I should write about, any help is appreciated, as long as it is help and not just jabber about nothing. Thank you in advance for any help!

Originally posted by biglee414@Feb 16 2004, 10:05 PM
Ok, soo i have this comparison and conrtast essay to do by thurs. I figured a good topic would be N A vs. force induction. Can you guys help me out and give me a list of good stuff I should include in my essay. Or heck even if you have a better topic I should write about, any help is appreciated, as long as it is help and not just jabber about nothing. Thank you in advance for any help!

are you in high school or college?

compare and contrast.

topic you CANT go wrong with....

The media and sensationalism.

1. the media needs advertisers in order to survive.
2. what brings in advertisers? RATINGS
3. what brings in ratings? SENSATIONALISM....car chases, murders, corruption, shit like that.

4. Is that "real news" ? no, "real news" is how "NAFTA affects local busineses and hinders their success....etc"

5. Can the media (local news stations) survive WITHOUT reporting on sensationalism?

did a essay for one of my old english teachers on that topic and she told me that it was one of the best student papers she had ever read .....

of course, i added my own "special little touch" to the paper because it was 10 pages long, and there is nothing teachers hates more, than to read a 10 page boring essay....so I made sure to keep all 10 pages "readable" and able to "grip" the reader all the way through...

call me the howard stern of writing papers (without the lesbian midget wrestling twins)......you just sit there and are compelled to read because you never know what I will say next.

and unless your teacher is those two guys from "american chopper" you might want to choose a different topic. i can almost guarantee you your paper will put the teacher to sleep....and instead of concentrating on the subject matter, he/she will be more prone to picking out grammatical and whatever other errors your paper might have...

unless you are in highschool. the FUCK with your teacher....i used to lol. and still got "A's"

<<edit>> WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MY SPELLING NOWADAYS? I CAN'T SPELL SHIT FOR SHINOLA ANYMORE....

had to correct like 3 misspellings on here.....

Yeah a dumb teacher wont really give a shit about Turbochargers or anything about cars. But like Tony said, they wont even really grade you on the style, just gramatical errors. I wrote one for a stupid class last year on how to change your oil. Wrote it in like 1 hour.. got a good grade though

i hate it how everyone wants to do their home work on cars nowadays.

its a good way to get a C.

if you want to get an A, do it on something that actually like matters to the rest of the world- not just you.

intrest your teacher, and he'll actually probably read it- and thus, give you a better grade.

Do something about what your teacher likes- be it politics, thoughts on nuclear power, abortion? and all that stuff.

the internet is strong. you can find good info on both sides, enough to weigh the pros, weigh the cons, and pick one to fight for in your conclusion

i did almost all my english 101 papers on cars in someway or another. the teacher really liked my writing and he was an old school sprint car racer. i got A's on all of them.

You were still appealing to the teacher's interests... most aren't car nuts. Any kind of controversial topic, especially one that's current in the media- will always get good responses from an adult reader that's up on the news.

yea i did my genre research paper on street racing and what its affects on racers and everyday driver were. i did good on it :)

take it from a pro...

ALL english majors (9 times outta 10, your english teacher was an english major)
keep up to date with current events.....

want some ideas? take a look at the opinion section of your local newspaper...see what people are talking about, analyze it, and come up with two sides to the issue.

....im this close to asking you to let me do your paper for free haha....

love to write

my personal best was a college-level 6 page "A" paper (with 1/2 hour of "research") in around an hour.

god damn i must be the exception to every rule, lol. my english teacher was a History major. i dont know why he was teaching english, definitely a cool guy though.

OK well the class is composition and reading I and II, freshman (college) level classes. to justify the car idea, she was giving us ideas on good topics, she listed jap. vs. muscle cars. I didn't want to do that(overdone), so i just shot na vs. forced ind. off the top of my head. thanks for giving me some better choices. Even though my teacher loves me, she is the hardest grader in the world. I wrote the best paper of my life and i got an 82, so no matter the topic she will still look for those stupid gramatical errors. any more ideas? no abortion or political issues, she hates when people do those(everyone does them). I would like to do something somewhat original, any topics come to mind? thanks again for all help guys!

tony sounds like you might have some good ideas, help me out man.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 17 2004, 12:55 AM
i hate it how everyone wants to do their home work on cars nowadays.

its a good way to get a C.

if you want to get an A, do it on something that actually like matters to the rest of the world- not just you.

intrest your teacher, and he'll actually probably read it- and thus, give you a better grade.

Do something about what your teacher likes- be it politics, thoughts on nuclear power, abortion? and all that stuff.

the internet is strong. you can find good info on both sides, enough to weigh the pros, weigh the cons, and pick one to fight for in your conclusion

:thumbsup:

prolife vs prochoice is a good one, but overdone

thoughts on the war in iraq.. compare and contrast sides

gay marriages... compare and contrast

hell, you could even go with britney spears... compare and contrast... role model vs superstar.. blahblah

you've got alot of options, alot is happening right now, my advice would be to go for something that's current, something that people are paying attention to.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 19 2004, 10:38 AM
janet jackson's tits vs macheal jackson's nose?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure he'd get an "A" for audacity, at least :D

Back