I Might Be Moving To Cali

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxracing77

Well i am appling to culinary schools and i applied to 2 in cali, and was wondering if anyone was fimilar with any of them? and if so are they near any performance shops?

CIA owns any cali culinary schools. Come to NY y0! mad college hunnies from marist, vassar, and local state colleges within a couple miles of poughkeepsie/hide park

http://www.ciachef.edu/

and when you're in ny, there's a local street sceene 10 miles down the road in fishkill. I went to marist- i know :p and you are an hour and change away from all of our local CT meets :)

its a nice campus, decent area- and did i mention hunnies.

on top of it all, its THE cooking school in the US.

thanks "b" I actually apllied there too, but i have not heard back from them yet.. i would love to go there i just hate how i moved to indiana and there is no street scene here. so yo u say there is a scene there? I hate not having ppl to chill with that have the same interests in cars! my 4 choices are: cali, NY, orlando, alabama

did you apply to the one in San francisco, if so there are some good shops in SF and around the area. also do not change the registration of your car, ZCs are illegal in california. machIII is located in San Francisco, it is a pretty good shop, http://www.machiii.net/
California is dope and SF is a super cool town, I may be a little biased but that is because i was born and raised there. We have some family friends who went to the San Francisco Culinary Academy, and he now works down in Monterey, and runs a super good restaurant.

You've also got Johnson & Wales on the CT, RI boarder
supposed to be a great school

thanks for the response... How is the race scene there? I think i did apply there! I have to go visit some of these schools, so i guess ill get a chancee to catch some of the race while im there! the RI school is one of the best.. i would love to go there but im not sure im gonna like the area... i would like to have some sort of ablity to go out on weekends and catch a few races or something car related!

Johnson & Wales is in a cool area. I think anyway

Originally posted by crxracing77@Feb 20 2003, 12:52 PM
thanks for the response... How is the race scene there? I think i did apply there! I have to go visit some of these schools, so i guess ill get a chancee to catch some of the race while im there! the RI school is one of the best.. i would love to go there but im not sure im gonna like the area... i would like to have some sort of ablity to go out on weekends and catch a few races or something car related!

race scene interms of what? there is little to no street racing in San Francisco, in the suburbs there is some. SF is near a few tracks so there is some racing up there. SF is also one of the rice capitols of the world. So much rice in town, every 16-25 year old with a honda has altezzas and a body kit.

I have absolutely no clue what kind of school you are talking about, could you possibly give me an explanation? Any if there are any in Ontario or about 15 min. from Ontario about 6 or 7 cities are about 15 min. from Ontario gotta love the Freeways in California, and the race seen is absolutely awesome, California Speedway in Fontana, about 5 min. from the "main" hangout in Ontario, and Street Racing, well, every wed.-sat. night usually 100-200 cars.

Originally posted by crxracing77@Feb 20 2003, 02:30 PM
...i just hate how i moved to indiana and there is no street scene here.

i agree with ya 100% on that statement. i live here in Fort Wayne,Indiana and there aint shit for a scene what-so-ever. what part of Indiana do you live in?

CIA, San Francisco rules! :D but..if you want a good racing scene, you gotta move to the LA area. Its probably the biggest street, illegal, track racing place in the world next to japan maybe. there is illegal races in Ontario (like 02SI mentioned) - its about 30 min.s east of downtown LA, and illegal races in "the valley" - about 30 min.s north of LA. then there's the cali speedway, pomona raceway, hollywood racetrack, buttonwillow (autocross), irwindale (1/8 mi. street legals every thurs. night!). Theres got to be some good culinary schools here in LA. oh and the BABES!! OMG! :D plus the weather rocks. its like 80 here right now...and sunny. no lie!

also, almost all the major aftermarket manufacturers are here, so you can get your shit almost the same day...and theres almost always a big carshow or honda meet going on.

L.A. has a great racing scene, the best, but there is only one problem... The Fucking Cops. I mean man, not even that much time for a race. I went twice, and both times we saw 2 races, cops. Next area 4-5 races cops. What the hell, but when i guess there are that many cars there has to be some danger. They aren't that bad in Ontario, but then again there are not as many cops.

Originally posted by 02SI@Feb 20 2003, 06:16 PM
L.A. has a great racing scene, the best, but there is only one problem... The Fucking Cops. I mean man, not even that much time for a race. I went twice, and both times we saw 2 races, cops. Next area 4-5 races cops. What the hell, but when i guess there are that many cars there has to be some danger. They aren't that bad in Ontario, but then again there are not as many cops.

i heard that the cops dont come around much at airport drive in ontario (off milliken) on the weekends, maybe cause its industrial and no one really has a reason to drive there late friday and saturday nights.

Originally posted by 02SI@Feb 20 2003, 06:16 PM

hey frank i thought you knew... in LA if you wanna see races for hours on end, no cops, you gotta go kick it with myles at Rev Hard/The BatCave.... hahahah Eric Del Rosario [the cookie graphics Integ] is always down to race someone, he pretty much has a raace every month or every two weeks on the street [did i mention he races with wheelie bars] puahahah.... myles will bring out a car once in awhile also... but not lately

if your down to follow the crowd then a good spot for racing is in carson, big crowd but few cops and lots of fast cars....

sorry i dont know much about the culinary schools in cali, i knwo there is one in the valley, but i have no idea of the name

Back