I Need A Swap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93dxKID

ive got a 93 dx hatchback...im really slow and i need an engine swap....ive read up on the ZC motors and i hear that they are a lot of problems...the b16 isn't to expensive but i don't want to really spend that much i hear around 4gran, same with the b18 i hear thats around 5....then i thought that perhaps i would try and consider a 4g63 swap (DSM) but i found that i would have to do a whole lot of rewiring and new motor mounts which would probably be a nightmare...so any thoughts of just building up my d series motor, im having trouble just finding good performance parts for it (camshaft, and other internals...) most are for the d15z, my dx is a d15b, any how if not building up my motor, i considered doing a b20 swap i can't really find much information about the motor or even the swap itself, if anyone has advice, prices or links id apreciate it. -thanks :worthy:

how much do you want to spend
what do you want out of the car
what do you want to use the car for (drag, autox, normal driving with a little more power)

this will help determine what engine setup is best for you

First off a B16 swap( 1st gen) isnt but about $1500, 2nd, a DSM motor would require a lot of wire re routing plus custom built motor mounts. Ive got a friend with a ZC turbo in a CRX. He has not had any problems out of it, but it is not as fast as he thought it would be. A ZC motor costs about $450 without transmission. My suggestion would be to do an Ls Vtec, or a CRVtec(B20 w/ vtec head). Depending on how much money you have to work with. You can also do a mini me, which is but an EX head on that DX block. Its up to you, but maybe that will help

Originally posted by 7thgen01@Apr 23 2003, 11:47 AM
First off a B16 swap( 1st gen) isnt but about $1500, 2nd, a DSM motor would require a lot of wire re routing plus custom built motor mounts. Ive got a friend with a ZC turbo in a CRX. He has not had any problems out of it, but it is not as fast as he thought it would be. A ZC motor costs about $450 without transmission. My suggestion would be to do an Ls Vtec, or a CRVtec(B20 w/ vtec head). Depending on how much money you have to work with. You can also do a mini me, which is but an EX head on that DX block. Its up to you, but maybe that will help

first off, his car is a 93, obd1, he would not want a 1st gen b16 or any obd0 motor in there, that would be more of a nightmare. an lsvtec and crvtec are expensive setups and you better know what you're doing if you want to build it right. your best bet is to get a b16sirII or a gsr (b18c)

yeah today ive decided that DSM would never work out with the money im earning and the time i have, it would be a different story if i knew a lot more then i do now, and had another car/truck for transportation during the swap - which i may need to rent one or something anyways. yeah the SiRll motor has bin in my thoughts for awhile now however the b18c is tickeling my brain a little more, i know that i just bolts right in and there is no problems with the machanical aspect of a swap, wiring is my only problem im lost on what to do with that, i hear its not to hard and ive read up on some of it but it sounds still complicated for me. my friend is trying to buy a gen1 eclipse...id like to keep up with that best i can so thats why im starting to lean towards the b18....my car isn't going to be an all track car, rather a daily driver but with more performance :D ( id like to start wining some more races/keep up with the others around here) im looking to spend around 3-4 gran i guess....yeah i thought about the mini me swap idea too but ive heard from some that its not really worth it for the money i would spend and the power i would get out of the motor....all in all i don't really mind swaping my motor, i just have that 'now' feeling but im pretty broke....and i can't decided if i want to stay all civic or go hybrid

your best bet is to get a b16sirII or a gsr (b18c)

Both those motors are great, but they are expensive especially the GSR.

A cheaper b-series option would be a B18B (or B20? if its OBD1). Great bang for the buck, you will give up VTEC though.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 23 2003, 09:30 PM
and take that fuckin picture out of your signature

its......... gone

Back