I Need Faceplate for Pioneer DEH-P5200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackice90HB

hey, i got a pioneer DEH-P5200 and the face plate is jacked up. the FF button is ate thru and one of the pins that hold the face plate in the hinge is broke so it has a hard time steying on. i only paid 30 bucks for the whole unit, i love it and it sounds good ( i only have 2 JVC 180w 5.5's for my front speakers, i will eventually get 2 15's and a 2000w amp). it has a whole lot of base controll and features and stuff, and its easy to use. Pioneer wants $150 for a new facepalte. i guess thats not too bad since the P5200 retailed at $350. but i dont have $150 to throw away on a faceplate. im a high school senior on a high school senior budget. what else can i do? does anyone know where i can find one for cheaper, or any other solutions?

oh, and BTW, where can i find a adapter kit, i cant find one for a 1990 civic hatch for some reason. my cd player keep sliding around and not only is it annoying, but it looks tacky.

what adapter are you talking about? do you mean a dash kit or the cd players cage? the dash kit can be found at your local car audio shop(i personally like and use metra products) should only be 15-20 bucks the most. try www.pacparts.com, i think that particular one is on backorder though!!!

does your radio have the cage it slides into if not there is your problem. you don't need a kit because do civics are all din sized openings

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jul 16 2005, 04:21 PM
1-800-PIONEER, cost me $80 four years ago.
[post=527301]Quoted post[/post]​

lol FOUR years ago the prices were lower it prob cost like he said 150 now or are you talking about the cage and not the headunit...

companies do that so when punks steal cd players that had the faceplate off it costs almost as much as the unit itself

thank for the feedback. yeah, i need the mounting cage too, a guy at best buy told me that.

LysergikkFuneral Posted Yesterday, 12:13 AM
what adapter are you talking about? do you mean a dash kit or the cd players cage? the dash kit can be found at your local car audio shop(i personally like and use metra products) should only be 15-20 bucks the most. try www.pacparts.com, i think that particular one is on backorder though!!!

ok, im about to check that site in a few minutes. thanks.

hatchspeed, how much you asking for that face plate? wait, i'll PM you...

:thumbsup:

CNC6798 MOUNTING SLEEVE BACKORDER $11.03

thats the mounting piece that i need? sorry if i'm asking stupid questions, this was my first cd player install, needless to say i didn't have all the required pieces.

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC+Jul 16 2005, 04:34 PM-->
cheese9988
@Jul 16 2005, 04:21 PM
1-800-PIONEER, cost me $80 four years ago.
[post=527301]Quoted post[/post]​

lol FOUR years ago the prices were lower it prob cost like he said 150 now or are you talking about the cage and not the headunit...
[post=527308]Quoted post[/post]​

Talking about just the faceplate.

Back