I never needed this until now.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

She didn't seem put off by it. So I'm not worried about it.

Maybe next time you plan on doing somethin send her a message a day or two before and give her an open invitation.

I dont know, I have had two girlfriends in the past and the second one I have been with for 5 years and have a three year old with. So I am no expert.

this thread is... wow...

i think your mistake was being far too forward with the first message.
should have started off slow with the "how have you been" blah blah blah.

but, its all a game of chess. its your move.
+1. The girl I havent seen in years ended up being married with kids and I think Ive got more of a shot w/her :)ph34r:) after starting out with "How've you been? Long time no see" on facebook. And we had even ended up on a sour note the last time I saw her.

She didn't seem put off by it. So I'm not worried about it.

I think she was put off by it but has enough tact to write back...The only way that could have worked was if she felt the EXACT same way about you, unprompted...

I think she was put off by it but has enough tact to write back...The only way that could have worked was if she felt the EXACT same way about you, unprompted...

Well fortunately for me, I know the type of person she is and I know the type of person you think she is. I haven't seen her for 5 years and I know they're not one in the same.

My friends wife... the one that called me an alcoholic from the other thread... told me she was going to try to 'hook me up' with one of her friends, so I may not even have to try to skirt around trying to find a way to get sarah to go out with me. We'll see how this all goes.

it's all a game of grab the boobies (chest). and it's his move.

lol. ok maybe it was a reach. :shrug2:
You like dudes you haven't seen 5 years coming around and getting a handful of hoo hoos?

Well fortunately for me, I know the type of person she is and I know the type of person you think she is. I haven't seen her for 5 years and I know they're not one in the same.

My friends wife... the one that called me an alcoholic from the other thread... told me she was going to try to 'hook me up' with one of her friends, so I may not even have to try to skirt around trying to find a way to get sarah to go out with me. We'll see how this all goes.

I don't know either of you. I am just making educated guesses based on experience and observation.

You presented your situation to us and now we are telling you how we REALLY feel.

Bottom Line: Messaging (or emailing) a girl you haven't seen in 5 years and had some kind of connection with once for a couple weeks, in the way that you did, is WAY too forward. A one liner "hey remember me" would have been sufficient. Instead you put all your cards out on the table. The potential reward was that you cut right to the chase and if she did feel the same, you could get right down to business. The potential risks though are that she doesn't really remember you or your encounter all that well and is like WTF? Then any chance you have to introduce yourself and make a good impression is lost. I think the risks heavily outweigh the rewards in your approach.

I have no pretenses about you or this girl. Just some analysis...

Reminds me of the movie I just watched, Disturbia. " That's either the creepiest thing anyone has ever said to me or the sweetest" I like the crispy taco idea good luck

Back