I never needed this until now.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you don't have to spend money to go out. hell, take your computer to local coffee shops and play on the free wi-fi. a black coffee is only $1.75.

hell, i'd contribute $20 to a "get james laid" fund.

In dallas, I've only seen one coffee shop with free wi-fi.....and then they built a starbucks across the street.

Tmobile/AT&T ftl.

my whole town is almost free internet... most of main street/worcester street has shops and restaurants that offer free wifi. even the bars.

you don't have to spend money to go out. hell, take your computer to local coffee shops and play on the free wi-fi. a black coffee is only $1.75.

hell, i'd contribute $20 to a "get james laid" fund.

$1.75 for coffee? where the hell do you live? My parents own a coffee shop and a small is three and some change. I don't even drink coffee. I'm talking about going to the bars, clubs, etc... basically the places I hate going.

Anyway, I don't need to get laid. Its not high on my priority list, I'm right around where Slush (or whoever it was that made that other girl advice thread) is, I just want some companionship.

yes, starbucks coffee is $1.75 for a tall drip. throw in some sugar and cream and call it a day.

and bars, fuck bars if you want to meet someone. bars and clubs are a better place to get a kayak than Sports Authority.

im a little drunk right now but i know the name of the place was like java garden or something like that (it was over by the starbucks we met up at). They closed it down a few weeks after it opened. and then on 75 and meadow there was another mom & pop shop that closed a few weeks after the starbucks opened across the street.

The DMs at SB have eyes on the competition and they are building new locations in the right areas.

The problem with Starbucks is not their coffee, or their equipment, it's their incompetent baristas.

no, it's their coffee. buy their beans, brew at home, it still tastest like processed ass.

I have to say I agree. I used to buy their coffee and grind it at home, and it just isn't good. I've heard they burn them in the roasting process intentionally, but I don't really know that to be a fact.

Now I just purchase random whole bean coffee, normally whatever Costco has, and it's a much more moderate blend. I also don't poison my coffee with cream or sugar, but I imagine if you drink what I consider "fu-fu" coffee from starbucks the flavor isn't as strong.

I do like their chai latte tea when I'm under the weather though.

Granted it's by no means gourmet. But there is a local starbucks with one barista who makes great coffee with it. He actually cares about the process and the technique, and his effort makes up for the quality of the beans. Any of the other baristas will give you a burnt cup of ass.

It's the opposite at another local coffee shop. They roast their own beans in house, and the quality of the coffee makes up for the mediocre baristas, except for one or two that make phenomenal drinks with their great coffee. My opinion is that the skill of the barista is more important than the quality of the bean, but when you get both.... mmmmm.

The whole idea is they want to have the distict taste. Me I like the burnt taste a bit. Sure its no "illy" but its good.

So back on topic, I came up with a brilliant idea. Call everyone you know and find her cell number..

Then text her with: "Yo girl, when you gonna let me tap that?"..

$1.75 for coffee? where the hell do you live? My parents own a coffee shop and a small is three and some change. I don't even drink coffee. I'm talking about going to the bars, clubs, etc... basically the places I hate going.
Just found this thread. I don't drink coffee. I have no caffeine in my diet at all. Eat an apple and a protein shake in the morning. You will be surprised with the results.

Anyway. I hate going to bars and clubs too. There are very few good girls at them. And they got dragged their by their whore friends who will cock block you when you just try to talk to them. But you'll never be able to tell the difference anyway because the awful music is blasting at 120dbs and having a conversation is nearly impossible.

Give me an Irish pub, dive bar, or even a random chill place any day of the week. For those who say, "But all the chicks are at the bars!", You're wrong. You can have a conversation and get a number anywhere. Try it. ANYWHERE.
Anyway, I don't need to get laid. Its not high on my priority list, I'm right around where Slush (or whoever it was that made that other girl advice thread) is, I just want some companionship.
Yea that was me. But I wouldn't say I need companionship. I don't need to get laid either. I'm actually pretty sick of "sport fucking". I'm just working with what comes at me. If my friend was a total bitch, and just as hot, I wouldn't be interested. I'm not trying to force any given situation. If I get a gf, so be it. If we just wind up hooking up for a little bit then go back to things as usual, I'm cool with that too. I just try to relax, and go with the flow. Don't sweat the smalls stuff, and it's all small stuff. Enough with the corny lines...

Back to topic...
You came on a little strong. But you did put yourself out there which is the most important thing. Just a few suggestions:
- Always assume they remember you. If they don't, then explain.
- Be vague about your feelings. You can always have a drunken heart to heart later. Just say "You were pretty cool and I regret not asking you out, so you want to do something sometime?"
- Make sure you point out how you came across them and that you didn't stalk them out (even if you did). "Jim gave me you're number" or "I was out the other day and saw a girl I thought was you and made a fool of myself" or whatever. Make it up if you have to.
-Don't apologize for sending a message or calling a girl (unless you're drunk and being an idiot). This isn't pointing out that you're a dick, just not a push over either. Someone else posted it earlier. Be confident (NOT COCKY). If you're not, fake it. Again, there is a difference between being a dick and having confidence.

I've never been a dick to get a girl. I've been one to get rid of one, but that's another thread. The girls that go for the dicks you don't want anyway. That's a sure fire way to get a kayak. My friends and I refer to these girls as "dub-yas". Translates to W. Stands for Whore. Don't get involved. They are the reason guys like the ones on the show "Jersey Shore" exist. Don't be or act like the tough guy either. Getting into fights and having a temper has never gotten me a girl either. Quite the opposite in fact.

I'll give you the same advice that I give anyone that asks how I gained confidence. Just like any other activity. Practice. Talk to girls you aren't interested in (ugly, fat, Asians(for me anyway)). Talk. Practice. You'll realize it's not that hard to walk up to a girl and start talking. I have some good female friends from when I was doing this. When you feel confident, step your game up. Being social is easy. The hardest part is the opening. Getting the balls to walk up and start a conversation.

But take my advice with a grain of salt. I don't even have the girl I truly want.

Last edited:
So back on topic, I came up with a brilliant idea. Call everyone you know and find her cell number..

Then text her with: "Yo girl, when you gonna let me tap that?"..
+rep and hell yes..2 things could come of it both good..
you get a respons obviously but heres number 1.it will be the convo starter and might lead to you and her hitting it off and 2.she gets pissed,but you have some sort of text to add to the thread that started off of..
its win win situation..get to it

Back