I want this monster pickup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6026041/

040917_cxt_hmed_5a.hmedium.jpg

that's what my first truck got for mileage. until i found out car payments wouldb be cheaper than spending $150 on gas a month.

yeah, i saw that the other day. its a badd ass truck though... i could get a 60' car trailer to tow iwht that thing :ph34r:

filling it with cars that run, would be the hard part. lol

monster capable of towing 20 tons..... 40,000 pounds..... it would even be able to haul Brian around..... pissedoffdiet quiter......

but seriously ... 40 THOUSAND POUNDS!!!.... why... why... why not just buy a real fucking semi....

I don't see them selling too many of 'em, since you'll need a CDL to drive it, since it has air brakes. Anyone know how long and how much it costs to get a CDL? About six months and $4000. And with the way gas is going, IH just shot themselves in the foot if they put much engineering into this thing.

I just thought of something about that thing...

How long do you think it will take for some dumbass to try to put rims on that thing??

Photoshop anyone???

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 20 2004, 05:58 PM
I don't see them selling too many of 'em, since you'll need a CDL to drive it, since it has air brakes. Anyone know how long and how much it costs to get a CDL? About six months and $4000. And with the way gas is going, IH just shot themselves in the foot if they put much engineering into this thing.
[post=392641]Quoted post[/post]​

ahh it's easier and cheaper than that, all you need to do is go work for a bus company you get trained by them, all you need to do is pay for your driving test,
if you pass you get a CDL-z, you need to drive for the busy company for one year and you can then apply to have a standard CDL liscence.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Sep 20 2004, 05:44 PM-->
Loco Honkey
@Sep 20 2004, 05:58 PM

ahh it's easier and cheaper than that, all you need to do is go work for a bus company you get trained by them, all you need to do is pay for your driving test,
if you pass you get a CDL-z, you need to drive for the busy company for one year and you can then apply to have a standard CDL liscence.
[post=392665]Quoted post[/post]​

Sure, and there's easier ways to getting your pilots license than at an FBO... like going through ROTC and joining the Air Force. Either way, it's not as easily obtainable as a normal drivers license, and the complexity involved in getting it is a huge black mark on that new truck.

ohh i'm bad....no CDL and i drive trucks with air brakes just about everyday. it sucks cause i gotta work on them too.

If you haul stuff around enough to justify getting one of those, chances are you already have your CDL, or you just hire someone to drive it for you.

dude, i can just imagine what the streets will look like with a bunch of those driving around...imagine, on top of the buses, mac trucks, fire trucks...anything larger than a hummer basically, we're going to have these monsters driving around? are they trying to kill us honda peeps or something? imagine getting nailed by one of those things...

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 20 2004, 05:58 PM

"Swim said the company isn't marketing the CXT as a consumer vehicle, although he added that drivers don't need a commercial license to get behind the wheel"

Originally posted by crazkene13+Sep 21 2004, 06:26 AM-->
Loco Honkey
@Sep 20 2004, 05:58 PM

"Swim said the company isn't marketing the CXT as a consumer vehicle, although he added that drivers don't need a commercial license to get behind the wheel"
[post=392927]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't care what the article or Swim says. Air brakes, regardless of GVWR, dictates a CDL. That's not state by state; that's national.

From internationals website.

GVWR: 25,999 lbs. (Non-Commercial Drivers License applicable)
this weight is just on the hairy edge in most states.

So you get all the attributes of a commercial truck – but you don’t need a commercial driver’s license to drive it.*

*State restrictions may apply. Talk to your local motor vehicle department.

Connecticut's
Definition of a Commercial Motor Vehicle

A commercial motor vehicle can be defined as:

* Vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 or more pounds,
* Vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver,
* Vehicle designed to transport 11 or more passengers, including the driver, and used to transport students under the age twenty-one years of age to and from school, or
* Any vehicle transporting hazardous materials which is required to be placarded.

So it does look as you don't need a CDL in connecticut to drive this beast, and no where on the site does it mention anything about air brake restrictions.

WTF am I thinking of, then? I'm 110% positive I read that air brakes = CDL. I'm trying to remember where, but I'm not sure if it was online.

Back