Idea I had.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by blackice90HB@Sep 9 2005, 10:54 PM
i know a boy with a 92 Sentra 1.6 that routed a hose from his A/?c through a hole in his fire wall to the intake box (only mods are k&n filter and slightly gutted cat.). he says he notices a significant increase, but i aint been in it yet to se for my self.
[post=552174]Quoted post[/post]​

im gonna say i doubt it. so the 10 HP he might have gained from the cold air from the A/C was eliminated by the 20 he lost from the A/C compressor load on the motor.

Originally posted by CoreyR+Sep 10 2005, 09:28 PM-->
blackice90HB
@Sep 9 2005, 10:54 PM
i know a boy with a 92 Sentra 1.6 that routed a hose from his A/?c through a hole in his fire wall to the intake box (only mods are k&n filter and slightly gutted cat.). he says he notices a significant increase, but i aint been in it yet to se for my self.
[post=552174]Quoted post[/post]​

im gonna say i doubt it. so the 10 HP he might have gained from the cold air from the A/C was eliminated by the 20 he lost from the A/C compressor load on the motor.
[post=552538]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know if it woul dyeild 10 hp, But in theory, he could run his AC all the way up to the line, keeping his intack manifold itself nice and cool as well as his evaporator. Shut off the AC, the evaporator is still cold, then make his run.

The only problem is I would think any gains in cooler air underhood has got to be ofset by higher tempertures coming off the condensor sitting in front of your radiater.

Reminds me of the schemes my friend Bryce and I had 25 years ago with his "hotrod' B210 (thats datsun not a new bigger honda motor for you youngsters - think honey-bee sans cool yellow graphics)

We toyed with the idea of using dry ice sitting on top of the air cleaner. Problem was he had already swapped the aircleaner for the largest chrome plated aftermarket air filter holder that he could afford - 2.5 inches in diameter.

Back