Idea!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

k, heres an idea for you guys...maybe the hondaswap.com owners will be in on it. we start up a monthly drawing. whoever that wants to be in this drawing puts 1 dollar into a pot. at the end of the month, we draw a name out of those people that put money into the pot, and whoever wins the pot gets a aftermarket part of their choice. everyone can afford a buck, right? and hey, hondaswap is quite large, so lets say 500 people put money into the pot, one person will be walking away with a full exhaust or some con rods or pistons....what do you guys think?

Originally posted by mattcalica@Apr 7 2003, 06:07 AM
at the end of the month, we draw a name out of those people that put money into the pot, and whoever wins the pot gets a aftermarket part of their choice.

uhhh no.

some parts are 5000, like a jmd itr swap. im not funding that, nor shipping that.

and then everyone is going to bitch that Chet won, or one of my friends won- saying its rigged, blah blah...
its not worth the headache.

that, and what if 3 people put in that month... $3 isn't buying shit.

however, if you want to do a straight up cash for cash, we can run a 50/50 drawing :) its for a good cause

see, nobody will be pissed off, because its only a buck...if your friends win every month, then yah, theres gonna be some pissed off people. oh, and i wasnt talking about full swaps, i am just saying, whatever money is put into the pot, you as the administrators decide what type of aftermarket mod will be up for the drawing...its a good way of drawing more people to the site and maybe increase banner sales...oh, and if when it first starts up, you only get 3 people to put in a buck...give up a hondaswap.com sticker for the drawing....

i think it's a decent idea... but it would have to be revised a bit. and i don't think that there are enough active members that would actually perticipate. i think there would be as many people into this as there are buyin' stickers... i'm guessing it's about thirty people... they're the people that are on here everyday goin' through the forums. so $30 and gonna buy shit... maybe a tein doll. but it's still gonna be a pain in the ass for brian and he already said he's not up for it... so much for that. but maybe after the site gets a 'lil bigger he can get sumpin' setup.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Apr 7 2003, 05:51 AM
...i think there would be as many people into this as there are buyin' stickers... i'm guessing it's about thirty people... they're the people that are on here everyday goin' through the forums. so $30 and gonna buy shit...

:werd: :withstupid:

a better idea would be to defraud people and ask them to chip in to some fictitious charity, then take the money and build a hondaswap.com project car :D :lol: (yea its a joke)

hondaswap needs more revenue than ad money then
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian, play tyrant and say "each person on Hondaswap MUST send me a dollar or your IP will be banned" That way, you will make about 200 bucks, and ban all the ricers. ;)

Back