If you can't drive your own car...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sure, if you lived and worked in manhattan, owning a car is stupid.

but since that is true, as a car guy, living in manhattan is the pitts. unless of course you have the money to keep your car in a 50/day parking garage. covered in dust.
I live ~30-40 minutes outside NYC. But it helps that the bus stop is right down the block.

50 dollars a day would be sweet. It's usually more. Most garages have monthly rates though. I actually enjoy, when I do drive and pay to park, walking around the garage and seeing what's been left. Most of the time you'll just find shitboxes that aren't worth their parking debt, but sometimes you'll find some sweet classics caked in dust too.

Certain boroughs driving still trumps, but most of the city is much cheaper by public.
you can thank the awesome MTA tax for the below cost rates, lol
taxing is winning

If the article predicts correctly, ill be ~50 by the time we are no longer driving ourselves.

God. Dammit.

While this was a neat read, and a good thread, it is being derailed with indulgence in Celerity. Something I was hoping it'd avoid because of the polarizing ideas.

Well Celerity is a polarizing guy... I think everyone here has some things they agree with him so strongly they would follow him to the grave, and other things that they disagree with so strongly it makes them want to stab him in the eyes.

Yeah, I'm polarizing. But I think we can all agree - "They" do not like a freely moving populace. They don't like intelligent people. They don't like people who have fun.

They don't like people who avoid fees. They don't like people who save money. They don't want us to be happy. They want us to be busy, and wasting a lot of time. Because when people have free time, they start thinking.

And thought is HIGHLY unpopular now.

Several threads have been established for direct Celerity Interfacing.

I like to drive because IM in control... im with cel on that one. If some shit goes down, do you want to trust your life to some dipshit bus driver? or would you rather be in control? its pretty simple actually...

But also, if I came out with my full "Uncensored" descriptions and thoughts on the topic, people would call out for my ban.

Look at my comments section in my profile. You'll see.

But also, if I came out with my full "Uncensored" descriptions and thoughts on the topic, people would call out for my ban.

Look at my comments section in my profile. You'll see.

:ban:

!

.. And if you can say otherwise ("People from the south are all racist") then I can say "All blacks are criminals and rapists."

Back