i'm so damn confused

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiLude

ok, i had 2 10's w/ a 450w amp. i switched to an 800w amp and my subs didn't work. i went back to the 450w and they still didn't work. i thought it was the subs so i went and bought 2 brand new kenwood subs. installed w/ the 800w amp and still not working. the amp has power, all the wires are snug. good ground. i don't understand. it was working 2 days ago, and now its not. the radio works fine, all my speakers work, just not the subs. and as far as i know the 800w amp worked fine before it was pulled, so any ideas????

Hook it all up outside your car and see what happens.

Maybe you have a signal cable that's disconnected?

I with Calesta, check the signal cable and also check the remote turn on lead. Some amps will have a light telling you that ther is power going to the amp even when the amp is not actually turned on.

checked and rechecked everything. all fuses are good. all connections are good. do you think it could be the radio itself? i mean i don't see why its not working.

edit: bought a new radio, still didnt work

bought new rca's and still nothing. new fuses. replaced everything pretty much. i'm too frustrated with it so i'll bring it somewhere. spent almost a week trying to figure this out.

dumb question but did ya check inside the box to make sure the wires didnt come off the terminal inside. just a thought before ya brought it somewhere

Another trick to check what neonmike suggested... Take the wires off of the amp, and tap them to a 9volt or drill battery... You should see the speakers pop out if you have the polarity correct, or drop in, if you have the polarity reversed.

Back