Individual Throttle Body

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was watchin a TV show last night and this guy has a bad ass 'teg and when he talked about his car he would say, " Its a right hand drive, individual throttle body integra". What does that mean. ive never heard of that before.
later

its a form of an intake manifold, direct port intake. One throttle body per a cylinder toda has em. Makes for a very quick throttle reponse and some pretty good hp/tq gains for 1200 bucks.

individual throttle bobies

product_b16a_injection.jpg

and they go for $2600
lowest ive seen for ITBs (not Toda) is about $2000

Were watching mtv with that street racer show and if it was the guys name is greg and his car is not all that fast ive seen it run before

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 7 2003, 10:29 AM

and they go for $2600

Damn... if it was only $1200, I would have slapped it into my engine build plans right there! No way it's that cheap. :(

yeah but what do you about air filter? just suck up that dirty air? I would just buy that and slap on some screen around it and street it.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Feb 7 2003, 05:30 PM
yeah but what do you about air filter? just suck up that dirty air? I would just buy that and slap on some screen around it and street it.

i've seen individual filters for ITB's

that MTV show was gay, that integ had all these bad ass stuff like rhd and whatever, i think he was running an lsvtec i believe and got waxed by an old school teg. the car looked nice, dont get me wrong, i think he dont know how to drive his car... :p

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 7 2003, 08:22 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 7 2003, 10:29 AM

and they go for $2600

Damn... if it was only $1200, I would have slapped it into my engine build plans right there! No way it's that cheap. :(

OER makes a complete set at about 1600 brand new that runs map sensor and all stock vacuums, i see twm set up sell for around taht ballpark range as well. another option is to get the toda package without the atual throttle bodies...all brand new runs right about 1600. then get a set of throttle bodies off of an ae101 silver top 20valve. sometimes go for about 50-150 bucks.

as for filter, there are lots for them. looks like a giant sponge that sits on top of the TBs

Originally posted by ekPhred@Feb 7 2003, 08:34 PM
that MTV show was gay, that integ had all these bad ass stuff like rhd and whatever, i think he was running an lsvtec i believe and got waxed by an old school teg. the car looked nice, dont get me wrong, i think he dont know how to drive his car... :p

Yea, he is a moron who can't drive and had a p.o.s. He had a ls/vtec with 220hp and was using ITB's. I could have spent that extra money and made it have more power then that. What a waste of a motor that could have put out more.

yea that guy was a fucking idiot he got killed by that built b16 in the 4dr da2 teg what was the bullshit and what was he driving lol a rhd crx with supercharger and the spray lol noobert got jowned

Who makes thoses ITB ??
And who makes the intake for the ITB ??
Would the ITB work better with a turbo or supercharger ??

Originally posted by ovcrash@Feb 9 2003, 07:37 PM
Who makes thoses ITB ??

The only ITB's i know of off hand are the Toda ITBs'. There are more, just look.

You dont need an intake, the ITB's are IM/TB's all in one.

ITB's are all motor setup, seeing as i dont see you forcing air into 4 seperate TB's when the one closest to the left would get more air b/c its a shorter distance from the front of the car..

Originally posted by ovcrash@Feb 9 2003, 07:37 PM
Who makes thoses ITB ??

some itb makers are: toda, oer, twm, and greddy. the toda just uses toyota itbs tho, its the adapter plate that makes things difficult.

itbs are run with turbo. ae101-ae111 toyotas are stock itbs, and they boost those all the time. the greddy intake mani for the sr20det's are 4 itb set up as well. showed a big improvement of the stock single TB mani set up on the dyno

Back