Installed apexi ws2 exhaust...still freeway drone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

Where could the low drone come from when im on the freeway? I had a loud fart can that got me the ticket. So i picked up the world sport. It sounds real nice and low, but that deep low drone is still there. Could this be caused by the fact that my dc 4-1 is severely dented and my cat is hollowed out?

Originally posted by BigBoy@Jun 27 2005, 10:30 PM
my cat is hollowed out?
[post=517164]Quoted post[/post]​

Gee, I don't know...where COULD that loud-ass noise come from? Hmmm.....

its definantly the cat. i have no cat(and no resonator) and it drones like hell on the highway. you should either replace the cat or have a resonator put it.

WS catbacks come with a huge resonator in the B pipe. Mine has that same drone. Being that your cat is hollowed and not a straight shot, I would say that is definitely going to change the resonance.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 28 2005, 07:20 AM
WS catbacks come with a huge resonator in the B pipe. Mine has that same drone. Being that your cat is hollowed and not a straight shot, I would say that is definitely going to change the resonance.
[post=517333]Quoted post[/post]​

yea the ws comes with a resonator. Must be the hollow cat. Should i go with a carsound 2.5?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for the CarSound cat. I'd go with that.

I had a CarSound 2.5....had. The element inside cracked, and I had to knock it out and replace with a test pipe :(

Back