iPOD/ iTunes users

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

A while back I had some wicked virus on my computer I couldn't get rid of so I brought it to Best Buy, they deleted all of the files I had bought through itunes, the songs are still on my ipod but not on my computer. Is there some way of transfering the songs from my ipod back on to my computer? And where are those files from itunes saved to?

Sorry i'm a complete retard,
swanny

As far as I know - Itunes won't let you import music from your Ipod that isn't on the HD of the computer it's docked to. Tried it with a different computer with my Shuffle - and it deleted the songs on my Shuffle. Guess some sort of anti-piracy thing. Could be wrong though -.

You can't import back to your hd, but if you happened to make your IPOD useable as a hard drive, you can just search throught he folders in there and pull the music off. Only way I know of, unless someone made some kind of program for it.

:werd:

Use a 3rd party iPod interface program. There are quite a few that are MUCH better than iTunes, free, and let you copy both ways. iTunes will only let you send TO the iPod.

Quoted post[/post]]
Use podplayer by ipodsoft. It is free and easy to use.
Ok i downloaded it but it gave me an error message saying it couldnt find the ipod drive in "my computer" or something, how the hell do i know what drive it's in? it's just plugged in to a port on the front of my computer.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Use podplayer by ipodsoft. It is free and easy to use.
Ok i downloaded it but it gave me an error message saying it couldnt find the ipod drive in "my computer" or something, how the hell do i know what drive it's in? it's just plugged in to a port on the front of my computer.

YOU DON"T NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING!!!!

heres the info: ipod, yes will not let you download songs back on to your HD. but there is a back door to it, heres what you do; once you have the ipod connected to you computer and itunes can read the songs, right click your start button and press explore. once there look for your ipod as you would a CD,DVD, or HD. once found there should be four folders, Calenders, contacts, ipod controls(its a hidden file), and notes. open up ipod controls;open up the music folder. once open you will see folders with a letter followed by two random numbers, each one of those folders contains all your music, now just click and drag to itunes, and viola, you have seccessfully downloaded music from your ipod to HD,

enjoy guys.

Thanks man, i'll give it a whirl later.

I still can't figure out what drive this thing is connected to, its not D,E,F,G,H, or I. It's just plugged into a port on the front of my computer that has 1394 written above it with some radioactive looking symbol next to it.

what kind of port bud? usb, firewire. need more info.

The cord runs from my ipod into the front of my computer where there is a firewire port. The radioactive thing i was talking about must be the sign to indicate its a firewire port.

I got another stupid question, when i download a song off itunes what file is it sent to? I can't seem to find them.

Back