Iraq Is Getting Owned As We Speak!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 19 2003, 10:23 PM
patriot.gif

Nice smilie y0.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Mar 20 2003, 09:24 AM
yeah i understand that... i feel sorry for the ones that are too scared/dumb to not surreneder tho lol

It's nice to know that we have one other member on this board that isn't blood thirsty. These Iraqis that you all are so anxious to kill are humans, just like you and me.

It's hard to have remorse for the same people who were dancing and celebrating after 9/11....

Did you guys here about the Iraqi soldiers that tried to surrender 2 weeks ago to some british soldiers doing training exercises near the kuwaiti border? They came running across the border waiving a white flag, and the british soldiers told them the war hadn't started yet, and to go home... :lol:

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Mar 20 2003, 10:12 AM
Did you guys here about the Iraqi soldiers that tried to surrender 2 weeks ago to some british soldiers doing training exercises near the kuwaiti border? They came running across the border waiving a white flag, and the british soldiers told them the war hadn't started yet, and to go home... :lol:

Haaaaaaaahahahahaha

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 20 2003, 10:06 AM
It's hard to have remorse for the same people who were dancing and celebrating after 9/11....

And you are being so much better than they are by celebrating their deaths. Come on people try and live by your own standards.

I'm not celebrating their deaths. I'm saying that I'm indifferent toward the fact that Iraqi's will lose their lives (military or otherwise). It may be an inhuman or barbaric thought, but I can't bring myself to feel compassion toward people who cheer the deaths of 3,000 innocent people.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 20 2003, 12:27 PM
It may be an inhuman or barbaric thought, but I can't bring myself to feel compassion toward people who cheer the deaths of 3,000 innocent people.

:werd:

Then why do you expect compassion from them??? This is a lame argument, they don't do it so I don't have to either. What about trying to be better people than them?

I don't expect compassion from them now. They COULD HAVE, when 9/11 happened. Or just not cared. The fact that they were celebrating is what got me incensed.

This has nothing to do with trying to be a better person. If it were, I'd think I was being a better person by not dancing in the streets when they die. I just say "So what", and move on. I care little for the Iraqi people.

Then you are no better than they are. Yes they could have shown compassion, and I am sure some, maybe even most, did. What you saw was what the news media chose to show you. What they knew was the most sensational, and what would draw the best ratings, not necessarily the veiw of the majority of Iraqi people. You can't assume that each and every Iraqi person was dancing in the street after 9/11. Try a little logic here, it works.

I don't care whether I'm a better person than someone living in that oversized sandbox, nor do I care whether someone else thinks I am. What I DO know is, most of the conflicts in our modern world have arisen because of the vast majority of psychos and evil people that reside in that litterbox we call the Middle East, and as such, my level of respect for those nations exists at a lower level than the rest of the world, until I feel convinced that they will pull their heads out of the sand they eat for breakfast everyday and try to further the cause for peace and humanity in this world, rather than actively work against it.

How do you tell yourself "I am not a racist" and still be able to generalize an entire group based on the actions of the few people that the news media deemed sensational enough to talk about? Do you hate asians as well? There have been plenty of political and military conflicts started there? How about Americans? The US has started it's fair share of problems. All I am saying is try a little logic. It works much better than this generalizing.

While I do not call myself a racist, I think I'm prejudiced, as are most people in some form or another.

Logic has little to do with this discussion. The facts are, the Middle East HAS and CONTINUES to largely support terrorist and violent action against any who don't think as they do. Other nations (such as America and Russian) HAD been guilty of similar (but not nearly as large) actions. The difference is, those two nations have both made a commitment to put those early bad judgements and actions behind them, and look forward to upholding peace and furthering the cause of humanity. Most countries/people in the Middle East (Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, etc etc) continue to despise human decency and morality, and for this reason, I hold less respect for them.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 20 2003, 11:20 AM
Most countries/people in the Middle East (Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, etc etc) continue to despise human decency and morality, and for this reason, I hold less respect for them.

Prove it.

You can show that many of the head people in these countries despise what we call decency or morality. But you cannot prove that every person from the middle east (or even a majority) share those views. Racism is generalizing a person or group of people based on a small of non-existent data set. That is exactly what you are doing. There are far too many factors surrounding the pictures of people celebrating on 9/11 that we do not know to come to a conclusion from them.

Logic has everything to do with this.

The people in these countries SUPPORT their leaders, otherwise these leaders wouldn't be leading anything except a camel around the desert. Whether it be by vote or a coup, these leaders could be removed from power.

Is that proof enough?

I don't care whether you or anyone THINK I'm a racist, I know I'm not.

No. As the US has proved, if you have the most guns you have control of any government. The people of Afghanistan were happy to see the Taliban go, but they did not have the power to oust that particular government themselves.

Besides this argument is a direct contradiction to one of the main reasons you have given for invading Iraq. You said we are liberating the Iraqi people from Saddam. You said that these people want to be liberated. But how is this so? If they support these leaders then we would not be liberating, but conquering. If we are liberating them then they do not support these leaders and your generalization does not stand. Logic disproves your argument again.

So if someone is Arabic and you generalize them it's not racism? Then please enlighten me, what is it?

Back