Is 6psi too much?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mygsr

ive been looking st some superchargers for my integra well here it is is 6psi too much for my engine?
its a stock engine with few bolt on
*nology hot wires
*pace setters headers
*obx throttle body spacer
*hi flow cat
*intake
*exhuast
my engine has 147000 miles just put in a new clutch and tranny so what do you guys think?

***its a electric supercharger with a wot switch

You should be fine. Run a compression test and leakdown test on your engine to see how healthy it is, and if everything looks good- boost away.

i saw supercharger, I thought vortech or jackson... then i saw electric... then i spit up my coke from laughter.

Originally posted by mygsr@Sep 7 2005, 10:48 PM
ive been looking st some superchargers for my integra well here it is is 6psi too much for my engine?
its a stock engine with few bolt on
*nology hot wires
*pace setters headers
*obx throttle body spacer
*hi flow cat
*intake
*exhuast
my engine has 147000 miles just put in a new clutch and tranny so what do you guys think?

***its a electric supercharger with a wot switch
[post=551082]Quoted post[/post]​

check out the supercharger
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

BWUAHAHAHAHA. I just spent over $2000 on a supercharger. Good luck with your $1 supercharger. Let's race afterwards, for whatever wager you want.

Originally posted by Prowler+Sep 7 2005, 10:19 PM-->
LOL.... Electric supercharger. Yeah, show me one that'll push more than ONE PSI.
[post=551139]Quoted post[/post]​

There is one.... but not on eBay.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 7 2005, 10:31 PM
i saw supercharger, I thought vortech or jackson... then i saw electric... then i spit up my coke from laughter.
[post=551165]Quoted post[/post]​

Read above.

mygsr
@Sep 7 2005, 10:58 PM
check out the supercharger
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting
[post=551184]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know about that one. It looks pretty cheap- plus there doesn't look to be any way to control the compressor speed to maintain any type of constant boost level- if the compressor is high enough quality to hold together in the first place. There's no information about the size of the compressor, how much flow it's capable of- no technical details whatsoever.

electric supercharger=garbage.

That might be the most realistic looking one I've ever seen, but if they really worked, it would be more main stream. And as far as the WOT switch, what about cruising?? You will lose mad power trying to suck air through that damned thing.

Stay away, and go buy a real sc.

Ah. I did some more searching- that one IS made by Thomas Knight. Thomas Knight's company is pretty much the only group of people out there that make an electric supercharger that actually seems to be worth a damn. It really does produce positive boost.

http://www.boosthead.com

Bwuahahahah, it's even funnier reading their webpage.

You need at least 3 top end batteries. Your alternator isn't safe enough to charge them constantly. The ESC drains the batteries in a matter of moments. And it "only" starts at over $1200.

Crap, crap, crap.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 8 2005, 01:36 AM
electric supercharger=garbage.

That might be the most realistic looking one I've ever seen, but if they really worked, it would be more main stream. And as far as the WOT switch, what about cruising?? You will lose mad power trying to suck air through that damned thing.

Stay away, and go buy a real sc.
[post=551265]Quoted post[/post]​

im not planning in just installing a wot switch also a toggle switch so i can use it when i want to

:werd: Once you do some research about this you will understand that you want to be as far away from an electric supercharger as humanly possible. Save your money and get some real forced induction if thats the route you want to go.

You might as well buy a nitrous kit, those electric superchargers only give you boost for up to 15 seconds.

Originally posted by jdmeg6@Sep 8 2005, 10:53 AM
Save your money and get some real forced induction if thats the route you want to go.
[post=551398]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree...you should really look into turbocharging it. there's a lot of really good info here on this site.
I've got a turbo built specifically for the gsr motor. If you want it you can have it for the right price...

Yeah, but that turbo system won't give you m4d boost y0!

<_<

Buy a basic nitrous system, or save up and buy a good turbo kit. Most basic bolt-on turbo kits can give you about 60hp, and aren't all that hard to install.

Turbo or nitrous, :fosho2:

a turbo will give you more than 60 hp easily. It's just a matter of your engine management tuning, and the turbo itself. A T25 will give you about 60whp easily (about 8-10 psi).

Back