Is a tranny fluid change going to solve my problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 12 2005, 09:51 PM-->
I think Asmallsol posted the pic on here.. not too long ago either.
[post=525057]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes I did, however, I just linked the pic from Team-integra.net
Originally posted by B16CRX@Jul 13 2005, 08:43 AM
PLEASE dont pay a shop $200+ to do a tranny oil change. I did this 3 days ago and it took me 10 minutes. literally. Do what blanco said, but insteead of honda MTF, use teh syncromesh or whatever you feel like using.
[post=525295]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
Originally posted by tdg@Jul 17 2005, 10:37 PM
I'm one of those guys who does not have experience working on cars. I'm capable of understanding and doing basic things... I've looked at the walkthrough on team-integra.net and it looks so simple. Basically just like a oil change just in a different spot.
[post=527741]Quoted post[/post]​

Yep, use TI.net's walk through. its a Peice of cake. Its actually easier then an oil change since you don't have to fuck around with a filter (I hate honda's location on the oil filter lol)

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jul 17 2005, 10:51 PM
tehre is absolutely no way you can fuck this up if you have a walkthrough right there. Take the drain bolt out with your 3/16th ratchet. put it back in after all old oil is out. remove fill bolt. 17mm. fill until it overflows. put it back on and you're good to go.
[post=527750]Quoted post[/post]​
3/16ths? Its a 3/8's

tdg
@Jul 19 2005, 01:24 PM
Stupid question....but those crushed washers....where do I get them and are they hard to identify?
[post=528497]Quoted post[/post]​

Honda. They can get you them for pretty cheap, however, I have gone without replacing them no problem.

Also, one thing that you MUST do when you do this, make sure the car is level when you add fluid. This means if the front is on jack stands, get your jack and raise your car via the rear tow hook until the car sits level. Otherwise, your not going to have the proper amount of fluid in your tranny. That can cause blown seals if too much (cause high oil pressure in the tranny) or excessive heat which will cause premature wear on everything if you have too little.

^ werd, level your car out

i just threw in some GM synchromesh on sunday in about 10 min tops, i got my funnel from wal mart with a twist stop in it and a measurable funnel at the top that holds exatly a quart for 2 bucks, works like a charm. I have a pic actually if you want me to post it up.

easy as shit, much easier than chaning your oil

Originally posted by fatsoteg@Jul 19 2005, 09:32 PM
My 95 Ls grinds like a sum bitch goin into third above 2300 rpms, is the above applicable to my tranny?/?
[post=528778]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, put syncromesh wth frictionmodifier in your tranny. IT will make it better. not perfect, but better. Still plan to replace that transmission in about a year.

yea... :( I meant to say 3/8th.

Does any one know where to get any of this wonder cure fluid in Phoenix??

when you level the car out, there are 2 bolts probally a latteral diffrence of an inch and a half. The bottom one (3/8's ratchet plug) is the drain bolt and the top one (17mm) is the fill bolt. Fill the fill hole until it over flows. Let it go until it stops dripping. Put the thing on, and it will be filled. For a b-series tranny, if I remember right, its a little less then 3 qts and for d-series it is 2.1 qts.

I run straight Penzoil syncromesh and have never had a problem.

yep, just buy 3 qts of it from autozone. ask for pennzoil synchromesh. my B series takes about 2.5 qts.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 12 2005, 07:18 PM
Syncromesh, with the friction modifier, not just Syncromesh.
[post=525005]Quoted post[/post]​

I know that Autozone carries the Pennzoil Synchromesh but I'm having trouble finding "Synchromesh friction modified" or a separate "friction modifier"

do you have to go to a GM dealer for these or do autoparts stores carry them as well and I just can't find them

Back