Is It A Good Idea?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

Hi,

I would like to know, if it a good idea or a good thing to do. I wanna put a H22A motor in my 1997 Civic HB ??
The car will be used as a everyday driving car, maybe for a little bit of drag and street race, but much more as a everyday driver, is it a good idea to put a H22A in my car, since it is a everyday driver, or i should go with a smaller motor??

I wanna know, if i'm gonna have problem, like in the steering, shifting? etc...? any problem that you would know about, that it would make it a really not fun car to drive??

Thankz. :blink:

read the thread about H22 or b16a, has some good info about that,

My personal choice for that car would be the b18c1. Still has trq, still has hp, still is light.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 8 2003, 04:20 PM
read the thread about H22 or b16a, has some good info about that,

My personal choice for that car would be the b18c1. Still has trq, still has hp, still is light.

yeah listen to him.... it'll be an easier swap also

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 8 2003, 04:20 PM
read the thread about H22 or b16a

^^^^^^^^^

Here's a couple options for you:

1) If you have power steering, Yes...

2) If not, Start jeeking off a lot more than usual to build those arm muscles because turning a H22 is probably the most horrible thing I've ever done.

oh yeah i forgot all about not having p/s.... well it's not a big deal in my hatch because there isn't alot of weight, skinny tires, and crx's didn't have p/s either... so i've owned 3 hondas without the luxury of p/s so far. jesus

HASport has a new kit that allows you to keep your AC and PS- go look it up on their site.

i swear some honda owners are the biggest pussies. Power steering?? gimme a break you dont need that shit ESPECIALLY in a hb civic, their light as hell. Im in the middle of getting my swap on the way, and its my daily driver. you'll be fine.

Originally posted by paragus@Jan 9 2003, 08:15 PM
i swear some honda owners are the biggest pussies. Power steering?? gimme a break you dont need that shit ESPECIALLY in a hb civic, their light as hell. Im in the middle of getting my swap on the way, and its my daily driver. you'll be fine.

If you already have a manual rack in your Civic, that's one thing- I've got no problem with that. If you just disconnect the PS pump, then you're definitely in a heavier car (only the lightest came with manual steering), and you also have to fight against all the old PS hardware. It's not fun- trust me. I have no problem muscling it around, but I'd prefer not to. If I had a manual rack, I would've just kept that.

Back