IS JDM P72 GSR ECU Compatible w/H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmclude

What people's you know I am going to ask mad questions
to get all the information I can!!!:) Since I am having
trouble getting my P13 Manual OBD1 ecu to work with my car,
will the OBD2 P72 ECU from a 96 GSR work with my car.
According to Hondata's site it should but I was wondering
if any one on our forum has tried this?

i don't mean to jack your thread but i have a similar question. i am trying to convert my obd1 engine to obd2 but i am having a hard time finding a 96 p13 ecu so will a 96 usdm gsr ecu work. i have a 96 accord with and obd1 h22a right now and am trying to convert that engine to obd2 so i can pass emisions

it should be fine. Just get a fuel controller and increase the spots where it runs lean (mostly below 5000 rpms). Most VTEC ecu's run the vtec real rich should you should have to worry too much.. but it would be a good idea to get an a/f gauge and monitor it.

I ran a p73 in a CL swap we did a long time ago and it actually hauled a hell a lot better... (I think that while the engine was leaned out somewhat it was just enough to get those extra HPs).

I have a P72 on my h22 swap and it TACHS BALLS. It ran fine without the VAFC but lagged from about 4-6k rpm because the VTEC comes on before the H22 cams are ready. After the VAFC it runs much smoother with an ever so slight fuel addition. The car feels fastest and VTEC seems to kick the hardest when set at 5000rpms. H22 pride man, yea!

Back