Is this right for a P28 controller?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ggerg1186

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.92-95.jpg

When I look inside the connectors on the P28 ECU I see the number 1 in the upper right corner, 13 in the upper left, 14 in the lower right, and 28 in the lower left.

From that it would tell me that 1-13 are read from right to left across the top and 14-28 are read from right to left across the bottom. The picture here is different. However, I wired my brother's VTEC based upon the relative location in the attached picture. Green Yellow wire on the engine harness to A4 based upon FF-squads picture (A27 based upon the numerals in the ECU connector) and blue black wire to D6 (D20).

My brother does have a CEL, but it's Easter and he hasn't gotten the codes checked yet. I didn't convince him to use a paper clip and jump the diagnostic connector, and he is already driving off to his next party.

At any rate, I need to get back to Iowa, but I appreciate any heads up you can give me so I can make sure this engine doesn't get grenaded.

How do you confirm VTEC is functioning?

wiring.92-95.jpg

Back