IT HAS BEGUN

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cool...ive never rebuilt a honda before, but i figure it cant be more difficult than a small block 350 or a big block 454. Ive rebuilt both of those, so i figure if i get all the right parts i should be able to get this engine running great.......after help from my chevy friends and a lot of beer and pizza.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 5 2005, 08:43 PM
Cool...ive never rebuilt a honda before, but i figure it cant be more difficult than a small block 350 or a big block 454. Ive rebuilt both of those, so i figure if i get all the right parts i should be able to get this engine running great.......after help from my chevy friends and a lot of beer and pizza.
[post=521206]Quoted post[/post]​

The tolerances are much tighter than an old school SBC or BBC or ford motor, so that is where most of the differences lie. The assembly needs to be a lot more precise. But otherwise, if you are capable of rebuilding one motor, another motor shouldn't be that tough.

Don't worry about changing cranks unless you want to stroke the motor. Honda cranks are built Honda Tough. Just get it micropolished , and you should be good. I-Beams and H-beans are equally tough, just buy a good brand. Crower, Probe, Cunningham, Manley, and Eagle are all good brands, you can't go wrong with those. Make sure to get billets since you have such a lofty goal. I don't know if you realize how much 600 hp is. I am hoping for 200whp on my LS build, and that is plenty fast for my purposes.

Well most of this is to put a sock in the Chevy guy's mouths. I apparently committed a mortal sin by siding with honda. At 600 HP my little lude should effective shutup a built camaro 454 (if i have it done before he gets the blower).

600 whp in a honda that can be aimed and launched properly down the 1320 will sock the EVERLOVING SHIT out of whatever your buddy has, sc'ed 454 or not. Unless your buddy has a lingenfelter, or a Sledgehammer, you'll have nothing to worry about. You should add a type-r trany and an adapter plate while you are at it.

Too late. I already bought the tranny, but since i havent bought the LSD yet and nothing is really installed, there is nothing saying i cant have it regeared.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 6 2005, 06:59 AM
Too late. I already bought the tranny, but since i havent bought the LSD yet and nothing is really installed, there is nothing saying i cant have it regeared.
[post=521385]Quoted post[/post]​

It isn't just the gearing of the type r, it's the fact that preludes shift like crap, the cable operation is much more sluggish and hard to shift fast than the b-series gearbox. If you are drag racing the thing, you are going to get took.

Back