ITR Rod Bearings Sizing Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

Ok the stamps on the crank of my B18C-R are missing to figure out the code for the Rod Bearings.:(

So I went ahead and bought a Rod Strech Guage and streched the bolt to .005 inch (what helms called for) and I plastic guaged the Rod Journals using the orginal bearings and it measured .002 inch which is in Spec.

So my old bearings are still in spec right?
So If I mic the old bearings, which i did and it meashed to 1.496mm and according to this website Honda Bearing color to thickness chart for everyone who loves using OEM bearings - Honda-Tech
I can order Color Yellow... Im I doing this right?

I just did one journal so far, Im I doing this right for not having the letters on the crank.

seems to me like your doing the right thing.

take a measurement of the journal then the same for the rod(must be torqued to spec first), subtract the numbers and subtract bearing thickness until you have desired oil clearance.

make sure your measure with micrometer at at least three different points to make sure you have no taper.

This is the way I personally do it.

thanks just wanted to check in with someone; and I went ahead and checked diffrent spots of the bearing thanks for the advise.

bearings are being shiped ^_^

Back