Itr Vs Gsr Ecu On An Obd2 B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WannabeSI

I am trying to figure out what is going on here. I have an ITR and a GSR ecu for my b16a in my 97 civic. I noticed that with the itr i have better low RPM response and I do definitly notice vtec but it is not as powerful in vtec as the GSR. The GSR is really gutless in Lower RPMs but in vtec it abolutely screams. I am not sure why there is such a differece. You would think that the ITR would pick up in vtec the same or faster than the gsr. Is this suposed to be this way or is my car not running right? I guess the better response in lower rpms on the itr make up for the slightly weaker vtec but if there is anything i can do to make it run better i would like to know. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

itr will run ok, the gsr will run like crap cause its lookin for that secondary butterfly. also wut year ecus and motor? jdm/usdm? no secondary oil pressure switch for vtec salenoid on the jdm motors.

Originally posted by chris@Jun 15 2003, 12:30 AM
itr will run ok, the gsr will run like crap cause its lookin for that secondary butterfly. also wut year ecus and motor? jdm/usdm? no secondary oil pressure switch for vtec salenoid on the jdm motors.

Looking for secondaries huh?

Somebody call Ripley's because I just don't believe it.

Why do you just get the RIGHT ecu for your car. They're not hard to find, infact, here's one now, oops, looks like you missed it, but you get the general idea.

OBD2 P30 ecu on Egay

the motor is a 93 Jdm B16 wired for obd 2 (Crank sensor, distributor, alternator, etc) in a 97 civic. the GSR ECU is USDM out of a 97 GSR and the ITR is a 96 and I beleive it is USDM because it is a long one but the guy i bought it from says its JDM. They dont run horrible or anything. I mean it doesnt idle funny or stutter or throw any codes. I dunno

you don't always need the proper ECU for the motor, my two friends with ITR's run chipped P28's and it rips a LOT harder than their stock ITR ECU.

These are base maps, run a p28 in your ride and let me know the gobs of power you gained.

Milan

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Jun 15 2003, 05:21 PM-->
@Jun 15 2003, 12:30 AM

Looking for secondaries huh?

Somebody call Ripley's because I just don't believe it.

Why do you just get the RIGHT ecu for your car. They're not hard to find, infact, here's one now, oops, looks like you missed it, but you get the general idea.

OBD2 P30 ecu on Egay

what dont u beleive regarding secondaries? on the gsr intake manifold or on the jdm vtec salenoid?

i think what he is saying is that the ECU wont respond any differently without having the secondaries hooked up.. it will not throw a CEL or anything.. but the fueling / timing for a gsr are not ideal for a b16

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jun 15 2003, 11:38 PM
i think what he is saying is that the ECU wont respond any differently without having the secondaries hooked up.. it will not throw a CEL or anything.. but the fueling / timing for a gsr are not ideal for a b16

Thank you......

Originally posted by WannabeSI@Jun 15 2003, 10:25 PM
the ITR is a 96 and I beleive it is USDM because it is a long one but the guy i bought it from says its JDM.

can't be. there is no 96 USDM ITR.

if u see A00 or A03 on the ecu its usdm.(A= America)(0 or j=japan)(y=middle east)
(g=europe)

Back