its like a rev limiter but it is cutting in at 3500 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maxbodyworks

maxbodyworks
Yeah,...after a run to my girls house where I had this limiter kickin in bout three times,...the next morning ,....I have this condition ,.....3500 is max rpm,...its throwin a 4 code,...the ckf,...sensor ,...replaced,..along with timing belt, tensioner, water pump,.some of the wires got jacked to that sensor so they all got fixed too,.....what happened,...any one? Did I jack the pewter,....is it up in the speed sensor,...?oh yeah ,....its got a b16 a,...97 gsr its got a jumper with a p72 ecu,....so I really dont know what it is......Ok so still doin this shit,....I reset the ecu every time I change somethin,...how do I get it outta limp mode..tired of drivin car around LIMP,..... W T F

Last edited:
Is the CEL still on? Sounds like it's in limp mode. If the CEL is on again, pull the codes and figure out what's causing it. You might want to try just resetting the ECU first...

i got the same exact problem on my 02 civic i hate i got so pissed off about it ive took it to honda dealership they couldt fiigure it out and 2 shops and they both said nothings wrong becasue when u cut the car off it resets and doesnt do it till i dive it for about 30 min then it starts up like im ready to drive my car off a cliff anyone have a awnser will be much appriciated

o yea my 02 civic is completely stock its my daily so i doubt it has any thing to do withyour swap

First of all, I so sorry for making such links, but because of the need to live and work, we have to do so, and if we influential your management, would you please delete my id, I will not be registered, thanks!Levi Jeans on sale now.

Wow, at least he admits he's an annoying piece of shit spammer...

reset the computer, and drive it around under normal driving contions for about 50 miles or so, then pull the codes then reset again it might take a few times the get all the codes its logging. it might come down to a bad wire connection, or it might be a bad/wrong computer, something about the second intake runner not being there might be throwing the computer off, a p28 might be better. hope this helps

Back