Jail broken iphone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Will the interweb still work on a network thats not at&t? lookin into it, but i just signed a 2 year contract with alltel in july, and i hate my phone already, and my manager broke my ipod.

a an at&t phone would work with all tel, then a verizon wouldnt.
they are on two different types of networks.
one being a cdma, the other being 3g or something..

I suggested Verizon because Alltel and Verzion or partners or something like that. Plus, Verzion offers 3G services too. CDMA can be 3G btw. You're thinking about GSM vs. CDMA.

I believe both Verizon and Alltel are CDMA, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3G has nothing to do with CDMA. All it stands for is 3rd Generation. CDMA is the technology. Verizon does offer 3G; its CDMA2000 x1 EV-DO or something like that. I know this because I was actually looking into it.

3G has nothing to do with CDMA. All it stands for is 3rd Generation. CDMA is the technology. Verizon does offer 3G; its CDMA2000 x1 EV-DO or something like that. I know this because I was actually looking into it.

Yup. AFAIK jailbroken iPhones(which is what I have and love) will only work with AT&T and tmobile. Because they are on the same type of network.

thats kinda what i said..

No, you did not. You clearly stated 3G and CDMA were two different and separate technologies, twice.

I could swear you edited your posts too; but looks like only a mod would be able to see it.

Last edited:
You still don't get it? The point was 3G does dictate whether it's 3G or not. I guess you can say 3G is the speed, while CDMA is the technology. What you were saying was CDMA is no way 3G, and 3G can not be used on CDMA networks.

I guess that's enough of that though. Let's continue with OT?

Last edited:
Back