FL JDM B16 block with Eagle Rods...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Perhaps someone has a Y8 block with after market rods for trade? :D

luis man... what the hell do you want. first you just want d series aftermarket stuff. noow you want y8 stuff.

luis man... what the hell do you want. first you just want d series aftermarket stuff. noow you want y8 stuff.

Y8, as in D16Y8 is D-series stuff. :D Hence, a D-series Y8 block with after market rods is all the same. :D

Y8, as in D16Y8 is D-series stuff. :D Hence, a D-series Y8 block with after market rods is all the same. :D
ACTUALLY there is a difference in d-series engines. d15 and d16 have different deck heights and stroke measurements. :p
i wish i had the money for you block though :(

ACTUALLY there is a difference in d-series engines. d15 and d16 have different deck heights and stroke measurements. :p
i wish i had the money for you block though :(

Sam, if you can get me a Y8 block, preferably one from 2000 with Tuner Toy, Eagle rods or something comprable, I'll trade you outright. It's sad, but I really want a Y8 block.

would you be interested in a z6 block by any chance? if i paid for shipping for both? or shipping + $ ?

Buy the block man luis is a good guy. I would say that turbo trade may be where its at for you though.

Thanks, Sam. I think the turbo guy found someone else. That and the shipping would not have been even, since I would have had to pay all of the shipping for mine.

Is it sad that I would trade what I have for a Y8 with aftermarket rods?

well at one time i wanted to do build nothing more than a SOHC. but after looking at some specs and looking more at some of the after market support. i might find myself with a DOHC. id just have to find the mounts from a del sol b16 or just buy the Hasport mounts. then tranny etc.

I'm thinking that I would consider a trade for a Z6 block with aftermarket rods, of course or an A6 block with aftermarket rods, which was just brought to my attention that would work even better than the Z6.

Since I can't edit my posts on this POS computer I'm on and it is my thread, I'll post again. :D

It is really sad how the more I learn, the more I change my mind about what I want/need. haha

haha! :lmao: You know, I was actually thinking about you today, in a brotherly kind of way, not funny type of way...and was pondering the idea of perhaps working out a deal with you and trading just the rods.

I don't know man, I'm frustrated in myself because I jumped the gun buying this and now I'm stuck with it unless I can find a decent trade. Now I'm having my mechanic look for a D16A6 block for me.

haha! I already have a Z6 head though. In fact, I have two if you count the one on the engine in my car. I have a Z6 longblock in my storage, along with a Y8 complete head, Y8 tranny, HX manifold, B16 block and an Si tranny with a bad 3rd gear synchro.

I got excited when I seen Si tranny until I read it grinds third. That is the same reason I need a new one.:(

Back