Jet Li

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

This looks like it could be a good one. Probably not for the story, but it looks like a nice "let's watch Jet Li beat some face" movie. Thoughts?

Personally, I plan on seeing it tomorrow or saturday.

yea... i still enjoyed watching the action scenes... damn that fucker is fast.

romeo must die was actually pretty good for what i thought it was gonna be... and there were a couple others that i enjoyed... 'the guardian' or something like that, is one of them.

Yeah, normally I see Jet Li as more of the "lets watch this guy beat some face" actor. I'm really looking forward to Hero. :D

i was hooked on quentin after four rooms... then eventually i saw pulp fiction... i FINALLY got to see reservoir dogs... another good film... i didn't want to see kill bill, i admit, but i LOVED it.. both films. :) so, i'm stoked on this one. :)

never saw jackie brown, and i think that does it for the list of films he directed.

four rooms was a fucked up ass movie. the best part was at the end when the black guy didnt light the lighter on the first try. BAM! slams the cleaver down, pinky goes bye bye and the guy trots merrily out the door with 1000 bucks. :)

:worthy: Jet Li

He's a badass- could easily take down any other martial arts based actor that's hit it big in the States. You've got to see some of his old movies from the 70s and 80s.... amazing. I'll definitely be seeing Hero this weekend.

i love jet li. he's just plain awesome. "kiss of the dragon" was also pretty good IMO. :worthy: = jet li = :shuriken:

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Aug 26 2004, 03:27 PM
not to mention Tarantino directing it... :D
[post=382259]Quoted post[/post]​

<_< Dood, I hate to break it to you but the film ain't directed by Tarantino. Tarantino could only wish he was the filmmaker that Zhang Yimou is.

(BTW, this is Sabz5150's friend - a long-standing Asian Film Buff)

I told him I had to reply to this. Tarantino's name is only on it because he wanted to play "hero" and save this film from Miramax's hands. In some way, I have gratitude, but I ultimately question his understanding and appreciation for Chinese Films.

This movie is not a kung fu movie. It is a Wu Xia (swordplay-drama) film set around the story of the King of Qin, the man that united China and built The Great Wall of China to keep out the Hun.

This movie is a story within a story within in a story. There are a lot of visuals. Some fu for those who like action. Some meaty and understated but beautiful story telling. Hero is a lush film. The sound on the movie is impeccable and dazzling.

Christopher Doyle worked as Cinematographer on this film so the visuals are even more said made tight by his presence.

This movie is not for the fluff-rock em-jetsam fu fan. This movie wets both the appetite for plot as well as action.

If you don't come out liking the movie, I feel sorry because it is a awesome film that Miramax or Miramaxe as I call them because they tend to buy rights to Asian films only to delay, ediit and destroy them for the American audience - has tried to blunder. Since the movie is showing limited, I don't know if I will get to see and see if they messed with. I can tell you they messed with the cover art. You have to see the original films as they were intended to be seen or you can't appreciate the artists hardwork.

... and so ends my rant... ;)

PS. For the best view, buy the DVD from overseas. :) Get the original not a fake like Miramax tries to pass of on us. They think were all stupid and obviously too stupid to appreciate cinema, show them wrong and do the artist a favor by watching what they really made.

i stand corrected. :) thanks! dave had downloaded it, but it was all in chinese.... i didn't watch it, because i wanted to understand it first... :)

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Aug 26 2004, 04:08 PM-->
StarBellieAngel
@Aug 26 2004, 03:27 PM
not to mention Tarantino directing it... :D
[post=382259]Quoted post[/post]​

<_< Dood, I hate to break it to you but the film ain't directed by Tarantino. Tarantino could only wish he was the filmmaker that Zhang Yimou is.

(BTW, this is Sabz5150's friend - a long-standing Asian Film Buff)

I told him I had to reply to this. Tarantino's name is only on it because he wanted to play "hero" and save this film from Miramax's hands. In some way, I have gratitude, but I ultimately question his understanding and appreciation for Chinese Films.

This movie is not a kung fu movie. It is a Wu Xia (swordplay-drama) film set around the story of the King of Qin, the man that united China and built The Great Wall of China to keep out the Hun.

This movie is a story within a story within in a story. There are a lot of visuals. Some fu for those who like action. Some meaty and understated but beautiful story telling. Hero is a lush film. The sound on the movie is impeccable and dazzling.

Christopher Doyle worked as Cinematographer on this film so the visuals are even more said made tight by his presence.

This movie is not for the fluff-rock em-jetsam fu fan. This movie wets both the appetite for plot as well as action.

If you don't come out liking the movie, I feel sorry because it is a awesome film that Miramax or Miramaxe as I call them because they tend to buy rights to Asian films only to delay, ediit and destroy them for the American audience - has tried to blunder. Since the movie is showing limited, I don't know if I will get to see and see if they messed with. I can tell you they messed with the cover art. You have to see the original films as they were intended to be seen or you can't appreciate the artists hardwork.

... and so ends my rant... ;)

PS. For the best view, buy the DVD from overseas. :) Get the original not a fake like Miramax tries to pass of on us. They think were all stupid and obviously too stupid to appreciate cinema, show them wrong and do the artist a favor by watching what they really made.
[post=382403]Quoted post[/post]​

If you buy the DVD from overseas you better make sure your DVD player can play that version because some of them can only play the US DVD's. And by the way all the film was transfered here in the states at Post Logic in New York I work at the LA Post Logic and Iknow this for sure we did all the work. So you can buy it here and just get the Chinese subtitled version.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Aug 26 2004, 08:31 PM
If you buy the DVD from overseas you better make sure your DVD player can play that version because some of them can only play the US DVD's. And by the way all the film was transfered here in the states at Post Logic in New York I work at the LA Post Logic and Iknow this for sure we did all the work. So you can buy it here and just get the Chinese subtitled version.
[post=382437]Quoted post[/post]​

That's where being able to remove the region from your DVD player comes in handy ;)

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Aug 26 2004, 06:00 PM-->
integraslut78
@Aug 26 2004, 08:31 PM
If you buy the DVD from overseas you better make sure your DVD player can play that version because some of them can only play the US DVD's.  And by the way all the film was transfered here in the states at Post Logic in New York  I work at the LA Post Logic and Iknow this for sure we did all the work.  So you can buy it here and just get the Chinese subtitled version.
[post=382437]Quoted post[/post]​

That's where being able to remove the region from your DVD player comes in handy ;)
[post=382442]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes indeed.

Sounds like the guy who did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon helped make this new movie so I'm guessing it's going to kick ass....

yes, it does look like a veryyy good movie. From watching the previews i could tell this was not a beat um up kung fu kind of movie...i am a huge jet li fan (i think his best movies were fist of legend and once upon a time in china), so i will definately be watching this movie.

Back