john stewart on crossfire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I love how america is turning into a place where questioning or standing up for what you believe in is frowned upon.

The dixie chicks last year spoke out against the president and channey about the war. As soon as they did, they were shuned apon, there sales dropped, and they were labeled as unpatroitic. Well they had good cause. Now we learned that there were no WMDs, when Bush was sure we had them. Even if they didn't, is this wrong. I can say I hate Ford, Dodge and Chevy cars. Does this make me unpatroitic because I am going against american jobs? I'm I saying that US autoworkers, suck? No, its saying that I like honda's, toyotas, bmws, ect more because they have a better design, use better technology, and last longer.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 19 2004, 09:20 PM
I like honda's, toyotas, bmws, ect more because they have a better design, use better technology, and last longer.
[post=405003]Quoted post[/post]​

Unpatriotic traitor! The Department of homeland security will soon be at your door to help quell these terrorist thoughts.

Don't get me started on that shit. People are not allowed to protest at ralleys unless they are in a certian spot, which is a pretty remote place. Fuck that. Freedom of expression my ass.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 20 2004, 11:33 AM
Don't get me started on that shit. People are not allowed to protest at ralleys unless they are in a certian spot, which is a pretty remote place. Fuck that. Freedom of expression my ass. I love how america is turning into a place where questioning or standing up for what you believe in is frowned upon.
[post=405178]Quoted post[/post]​

Very interesting you say that... Because of that and a few other things, I've been starting to feel that we're on the verge of a Civil War...

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Oct 20 2004, 09:02 PM-->
asmallsol
@Oct 20 2004, 11:33 AM
Don't get me started on that shit. People are not allowed to protest at ralleys unless they are in a certian spot, which is a pretty remote place. Fuck that. Freedom of expression my ass. I love how america is turning into a place where questioning or standing up for what you believe in is frowned upon.
[post=405178]Quoted post[/post]​

Very interesting you say that... Because of that and a few other things, I've been starting to feel that we're on the verge of a Civil War...
[post=405354]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think that something that extreme will happen, but your right, the country is divided as hell, and I hope to God people will see that there libertys are being pissed on, and things that this country was founded on, things are heading the exact opposite way.

You don't think a civil war will happen? How pissed do you have to get before you stand up for yourself? You think voting for Kerry or Bush or Nader is going to make a difference? It's already too late. Everyone has a breaking point. The signs are all there. The events are taking place and now it's just a matter of time before the catalyst lights the whole thing off.

Honestly, I don't think a civil war will happen for a very long time.

Its just the Beaurocrats that need to be washed out.

Crossfire though was kind of funny. He wanted to be serious, and ask why they didn't do actual debates and not comedic crap, and the repub guy was just a dick.

So he points he is 35 and wears a bow tie.

:owned:

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Oct 20 2004, 09:40 PM
[post=405371]Quoted post[/post]​

The major reason why I don't see something like that ever happening is because the more conservative side would have the Army on there side. For the rebels, we don't really have much, other then your comman fire arms. Only way to really combat the army would be to do what they do in afgainistan, Iraq, and Chechniah (SP?) is with terrorism. I do see people making a defent stand, and hopefully seeing a movement like the 60's, however I cant see people resorting to terrorism and most likely taking their life for the cause. We are talking about americans here.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 20 2004, 08:46 PM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Oct 20 2004, 09:40 PM
[post=405371]Quoted post[/post]​

We are talking about americans here.
[post=405374]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah. And remember what the "rebels" did to England? Sure, times have changed, but the attitude hasn't. I think there's a lot more to it than just a bunch of yahoos with guns hating the gov't... I hesitate to expand on this, though.

bush said today that kerry is for "protest and defeatism" That is exactly what I am talking about. Bush used Protest as an insult. Its fucking america damn it.

I was just discussing this with my family yesterday, actually. I'm always talk about how I hate the draft, but I think I'd voluntarily fight to remove our current leadership in an all out and official civil war (wonder how many 'lists' I'm on now :p ).

Long story short though, I don't think anything like that will happen for a long time. At the very earliest I'd be well over fighting age, but I'd like to try and help lead. :D

Back