jun cam sprockets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ekPhred

What's up everybody. I recently picked up a set up jun cam sprockets for the motor i'm building. Then I got a call from my homeboy yesterday saying that he can possibly get a hold of some crower 402's. My question is should I go for the 402's or is it recommended that I get the Jun camshafts since I already have the sprockets? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanx in advance. peace... :huh:

well i think the JUN Type 3's are better than the crower 402's, but then there is the price :) check into skunk2 stage 2's also, i hear they are right up there with the JUN type 3's but much less.

stage 3 cams are pretty extreme for the street. i'd go with ctr/itr cams if i were you for a streetable setup.

Yea, I would'nt mind going with stage 3's. But, my car is going to be daily driven and want to have decent gas mileage. I know putting in cams will bring down my gas mileage. I was actually contemplating going with itr/ctr setup like he said because from research, that setup is cheaper than going jun or crower. :ph34r: it's just that i might be able to get a hold of some crower 402's for about 550 possibly. which is pretty darn cheap... so i dunno...

make sure you get stiffer springs and titanium retainers with those 402 cams :) i have ctr cams now, they are much nicer than the stock ones

o yea, when I build up my head, I don't plan to half ass it, I'm going to go camshaft, I already have the cam sprockets, then spring and retainer's, p&p, the whole nine yards! :D

go camshaft

haha- never heard it said like that before!

b16, quick question. I looked at your pictures and was wondering what else you have done to your coupe? I noticed the usual i/h/e, sprockets and wires. I was just wondering if you had anything done internally?

Originally posted by ekPhred@Nov 13 2002, 10:22 AM
b16, quick question. I looked at your pictures and was wondering what else you have done to your coupe? I noticed the usual i/h/e, sprockets and wires. I was just wondering if you had anything done internally?

besides basic bolt ons, i have ctr cams, itr springs/retainers, and a mugen thin head gasket. in my gallery, if you click on the first picture it is my dyno sheet, which also lists out all my mods. it is a mild setup, which is good for me now. i would like to go all out with pistons, more agressive cams, p&p, blah blah blah, but as this car is my daily driver (i go to college and work full time) its difficult to do large amounts of work on it, as i can not be without a car for an extended amount of time.

Back