Just Another Honda Owner

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OEM Clutch = Trash (Even aftermarket still alot say can't handle high revs)

you're a douchebag

and I've done the junkyard turbo D16 and was very pleased with the results.
you get what you pay for but wooping on people then telling them its a single cam is always fun
never fails to put a grin on my face
(jeffie's a bit of a pre-madonna)

Yah i mean i still think about here and there about boosting the d16, But im prolly going to wait till i hit 200k. then swap the motor.

you're a douchebag

and I've done the junkyard turbo D16 and was very pleased with the results.
you get what you pay for but wooping on people then telling them its a single cam is always fun
never fails to put a grin on my face
(jeffie's a bit of a pre-madonna)

Nothing wrong with doing a SOHC motor, you can make really good power out of them but it takes A LOT more work to do it right and your options for high HP isnt anything like a B series. If you do want more you might end up having to scrap everything and start fresh...

It's one of those things, build a D series and have 5 options and run a much higher risk of it not making the power you want, torque you want and in the end if you want more you have to start 100% from scratch, or start with a B series and have 32948092843 options on parts and the skys the limit for power.

I've seen 400WHP D series, they were fully decked out pretty much all out track motors, I've seen 400WHP B series motors yes also built sleeves, head work, but at 400WHP they're only touching into what the motor can make.

That's why when I built my Z, I only bought stuff that could be used down the road, my car can easily (with new rods/pistons) make 650WHP, if I change the turbo and add new injectors (once again rods/pistons) I could hit 850-950WHP with my current setup, nothing more then tuning would be needed.

I could have went with a cheaper turbo setup that would have made the same power I'm making right now, however when people upgrade those other kits they end up dumping another 5-10K into supporting mods, new I/C new piping, new manifolds... pretty much a whole new setup.

Do it right to start with and the chances of throwing away a lot of money once you find out you want more, goes down a lot.

P.S Might I point out that I'm talking about first hand experience. My first B16 was built with saving money in mind, I skipped a few things like having the head redone, I just wanted to put some pistons/rods in the motor and call it a day.....

blew up on the dyno right after I broke the motor in... thanks to a head that wasn't anywhere near as good as I had hoped, the valve springs were weak and let a few valves knock chunks out of my brand new pistons.

That set me back a few grand. Again if I did it right the first time...... I learned from my mistake and when building cars I try to make the chances for money just thrown away to be as little as I can.

I also put money into the car on random mods for a lesser motor/setup and again, found out when I had to upgrade them I just pissed that money away since I couldn't reuse it....

thanks for the information man. Yah im prolly going to swap the motor cause im taken a year off from putting more money in it.Im trying to get my own place now

Back