Just bought a new exhaust, need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

So i jack up my car for the first time i noticed the piping is welded to the cat. Im running a jdm dc 4-1 w/2.5 collector and 2.5 piping. Just picked up a apexi ws2 catback. Should I have a muffler shop weld it to the cat or should I just buy a new cat?

Ideally, drop the cash and get a good cat/cat test pipe from Random, Vibrant, or others. Having a muffler shop weld a flange on there would cost just as much, and you'd be stuck with a stock, old, restrictive cat.

Originally posted by EGProject@Jun 19 2005, 05:56 PM
Ideally, drop the cash and get a good cat/cat test pipe from Random, Vibrant, or others. Having a muffler shop weld a flange on there would cost just as much, and you'd be stuck with a stock, old, restrictive cat.
[post=514094]Quoted post[/post]​

how about the maganaflow ones on ebay for $50?

Originally posted by BigBoy+Jun 19 2005, 06:52 PM-->
EGProject
@Jun 19 2005, 05:56 PM
[post=514094]Quoted post[/post]​

how about the maganaflow ones on ebay for $50?
[post=514107]Quoted post[/post]​

actually its a new 2.25 hi-flow cat. Im just gonna have them weld a flange on there.

Back