Just curious about my B18a1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RoadRage

OK, Here's my question. I purchased a 90 Integra with a spun rod bearing. I used that car as a doner car for my swap in my 89 Si CRX. I bought a 92 B18a1 to replace the bad engine. Now from what I understanding, The 90-91 B18a1's only had a 130hp and the 92-93 had 140hp. I'm running a 92 b18a1 with a 90 teg ecu. Is that other 10hp in the engine or is it in the ecu, or is it a combination of both that make's that 140hp? :blink:

Compartment.jpg

it would probably be pretty hard for a stock honda ECU to make 10 hp. i'm pretty sure the difference is from slighly more aggressive cams and slighty higher compression ratio. can anyone back me up on this? so to answer your question, the difference is probably in the motor itself. not to say the ecu's arent different but like you said it is probably a combination of both.

i got a ecu that will give u 18 extra horse power if your interested.

that may be one of the funnier things i've ever heard.... why not just get the thing off ebay that is just a resistor that they sell for 5 dollars.

Originally posted by one zexy crx@Oct 1 2002, 11:14 AM
it would probably be pretty hard for a stock honda ECU to make 10 hp. i'm pretty sure the difference is from slighly more aggressive cams and slighty higher compression ratio. can anyone back me up on this? so to answer your question, the difference is probably in the motor itself. not to say the ecu's arent different but like you said it is probably a combination of both.

Like ONE said it has to do with the IM, cams and pistons.

Back