K Series Franks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cws13

I have a friend that is dropping off an RSX motor that he pick up with a burnt piston in a few days. If the cylinders are galled to the point of having to be sleeved I was thinking about pluncking the head on a 2.4. I haven't the foggiest how in the hell I would make the timing chain work ect. Anybody have any info of prototypes? I know this is very new territory but someone must be on it- a Type-S 2.4 is too goddamn tempting.

well i am sure that it is going to be like the crvtec in that you are going to have to totally rebuild the bottom end to get it to stand the 8000RPM's of the typeS head. Your pulling this bottom end off a new CRV right?

Since the new CRV motor runs in the Accord as well it's not as truck-like. It can take a little more. Proper cam timing or the headache of a custom chain is what I'm worrying about right now. The motors started flinging out of RSX's due to missed downshifts on the 6 speeds right as they came out. I haven't seen the new 2.4 apart yet though. Hell, it may not even line up.

the rod/stroke ratio is supposed to be really bad with the 2.4 check the 2002 march/may super street they had an article about this.

i've heard this setup will yield 260whp immediately...the k-series motors are stronger and i'm willing to say better once more work is done on them. honda's engineers are the best in the world...i trust their technology.

superstreet usually knows next to nothing, so i wouldn't trust their information.

hey man superstreet got me hooked on imports...and its still a great mag to flip thru wen it comes in the mail...dont bag on it

I havent the foggiest idea of how to help you but ive had the same idea. If it works I might try to drop it into my 02 ex :D

Originally posted by Integra1990@Jan 7 2003, 06:05 PM
hey man superstreet got me hooked on imports...and its still a great mag to flip thru wen it comes in the mail...dont bag on it

I also picked up and got hooked, but the magazine blows for information. Everything in the back is all riced out, sohc civic. The features aren't ever anything good. the last issue i bought had a SC/t type R in it with literally a 3 foot aluminum wing and 2 different sets of wheels.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 7 2003, 06:48 PM
I also picked up and got hooked, but the magazine blows for information. Everything in the back is all riced out, sohc civic.

:werd: :withstupid: Some show cars can be impressive when they are fast but in there, they are mostly just slow show cars. Every once in a while though, they have some okay cars. The one that had the two mugens where nice but they gave no info on Mugen really, all they said is they are the best, great styling ect.

Ive checked out super street a couple of times and I agree, its just a bunch of riced out show cars. There is the odd super powerfull car that can usually be found in every other magazine. I believe there was an 8 sec blue supra in there a while ago.

i have an article from honda tuning (which may be the same as the super street one) and here is what they have to say about it:
"The actual bolting on part wouldn't be too difficult, as the heads should mount right up. However, you do run into an issue with piston speed. At its 7900rpm redline, the K20A2 in the Type-S has a piston speed of 4464 feet per minute (fpm). Thanks to its long stroke, the K24A1 comes close to that, running 4225 fpm at its much lower redline of 6500 rpm. By the time you've spun your K24 up to just 6900 rpm, you're already at 4485 fpm, and at the 7900 rpm redline of the K20A2, you're at a crazy 5135 fpm. For comparison, even the hyperkinetic S2000 with its 9000 rpm redline doesn't exceed 5000 fpm (it maxes out at 4965 fpm). And the Integra's B18C1 only reached 4573 fpm."
thought it would be interesting to post, maybe custom crank or just very well built :)
its bore x stroke is 86 x 99 mm

Originally posted by manic_mechanic@Jan 7 2003, 07:30 PM
what honda tuning is that in Im interested in reading that article.

April/May 2002 :)

super street = stupid street.

the only mag i read and actually listen to is turbo + high tech performance.
they AREN;t just imports either- grand nationals, turbo yugos- you name it.

What I prefer is Turbo for ideas on engine..Import Tuner and SS (Super Street) for looks, and Sport Compact Car for actually doing stuff (they have very good articles on how to do something or figure something out, no BS.)

Thanks B16, with about 500 back issues of tuner mags laying about I can't ever find shit. In regards to the Super Street debate (where did that come in) yes they are horrible. Check out Modfiers for those who haven't, the tech stuff is great.

Back