K-Swapped 1st Gen Insight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Everyone: An Insight?!?! That's stupid.

Me:
200.gif

I agree the car is awesome. Especially if it was priced closer to $6-$7k. But I'm always amazed when people don't actually CLEAN the car. Like, you can do a k-series swap but can't vacuum it out before taking pictures for your listing???
upload_2019-7-1_5-23-3.png

I feel personally attacked by that comment...

I have literally dozens of hours of labor into a car that I haven't cleaned completely yet.

You're not trying to sell it. I'm not talking about owners, I'm specifically referring to people trying to sell an incredibly unique car and taking the steps to optimize the value of it.

For example: I'm trying to sell my 2004 BMW 330ci. I've replaced every possible broken clip, tab, or button on the interior that needed to be fixed. I fixed the sunroof slider so it opens easily. I've hit it with a clay bar and touch up paint on the rock chips. I've gone over it with a microscope to ensure a buyer can't complain about anything and try to negotiate. I want to maximize the value of the vehicle.

IMHO, if I see something someone is trying to sell, regardless if it's a car or a pencil, I'm going to associate the current condition with how it's been cared for. If you can't vacuum, can you really do an exotic swap? Maybe. And maybe my military experience is to blame, but I see it as a possible indicator of care, or just general laziness. Neither bode well for something that is already a risky purchase, especially one done via the internet.

i'm with Nick... but you shouldn't feel attacked doug you aren't selling your white car.

the kia is a huge shitbox, but its a spotless huge shitbox, lol

You're not trying to sell it. I'm not talking about owners, I'm specifically referring to people trying to sell an incredibly unique car and taking the steps to optimize the value of it.

For example: I'm trying to sell my 2004 BMW 330ci. I've replaced every possible broken clip, tab, or button on the interior that needed to be fixed. I fixed the sunroof slider so it opens easily. I've hit it with a clay bar and touch up paint on the rock chips. I've gone over it with a microscope to ensure a buyer can't complain about anything and try to negotiate. I want to maximize the value of the vehicle.

IMHO, if I see something someone is trying to sell, regardless if it's a car or a pencil, I'm going to associate the current condition with how it's been cared for. If you can't vacuum, can you really do an exotic swap? Maybe. And maybe my military experience is to blame, but I see it as a possible indicator of care, or just general laziness. Neither bode well for something that is already a risky purchase, especially one done via the internet.
LPT.

If you're selling a car, always put in new floor mats.

Back