knock sensor problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

i was driving and my check engine went on. I checked the code and it was 23, check knock sensor and circuit. So i checked all my wireing and it is ok. I will check knock sensor later but the wierd thing is if i turn off my car and turn it back on the check engine goes away. But will return if i gas it hard or just rev it to 3000 and stay there for a little while. Has anyone had this problem? any ideas??

Have you adjusted your timing other than factory or do you have a cam gear that you have adjusted ? This was my problem.

I have the same problem with my civic. I have a Vtec controller and was told that wiring with it was causing the check engine light to turn on. I'm not sure how reliable that explanation was and am also eager to hear suggestions on what I can do to stop that Check Engine light.

my timing is at 18 degrees but it always has been. i havent dont anything resently to my car either.

The check engine light only means that there is either a defective sensor or the wiring is bad. The actual knock sensor adjusts timing without throwing a light. Disconnect all of your wiring and re-solder it. Don't forget to reset your ECU!!! If it keeps doing, the knock sensor is fucked and you'll need a new one. They are expensive from the dealership.

Back