Lightweight flywheel with stage3 clutch- Yes or No

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jignesh

Hi Guys,

Had a quick question. Have a TC'd B16A swap done in my Honda City here in India and need a new clutch. Was considering a Comp Clutch Stage 3 set with their Ultra Lightweight Flywheel.

The car does about 250 WHP @12psi at present. Would you recommend a lightened flywheel and if not why as some people have advised against it.

The car is used mainly as a daily driver.

Thanks,

Jignesh

After having several cars with stock and lightened flywheels I would stick with the stock. Unless you are drag racing or something I really never could tell the benefit. With the lightened flywheel the moment I took my foot off the gas pedal my rpm would take a dump where it seemed like the stock one would have more momentum and the rpm would reduce gradually. Just my opinion.

I am sure other people that are more tech minded could break it down for you.

light weight flywheels are great, but when your turbo you dont want one, if anything get a couple of pounds knocked off your stock one. when you go to low in the weight, your rpms drop to fast, making it hard to drive in traffic, also when your turbo the light weight flywheel will cause you to stay in boost alot more killing your gas millage.

The only way you want a ultra light is if your all motor

I love my lightweight flywheel. Makes driving difficulty higher, but way more fun IMO.

The fact of the matter is, gdc2000 has the principles wrong.

Lightweight flywheels are good for autocross type events. The low mass allows you to change gears quickly and more easily. The more mass the flywheel has, the more inertia it carries which translates into slower loss of rpms, which is better for drag racing.

Light = autocross
Heavy = drag

I love my lightweight flywheel. Makes driving difficulty higher, but way more fun IMO.

The fact of the matter is, gdc2000 has the principles wrong.

Lightweight flywheels are good for autocross type events. The low mass allows you to change gears quickly and more easily. The more mass the flywheel has, the more inertia it carries which translates into slower loss of rpms, which is better for drag racing.

Light = autocross
Heavy = drag

^^^^^^Yea what he said and once again I might have quite possibly learned something from the internets today. :doh:

Back