Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the name Linkin Park come from the name of the place in which they used to live at?

Some FIF is good. I don't care for most of it. I wasn't looking for Christian Punk, I think the term "Christian Punk" is really amusing. The ideas of modern Christianity and Punk Rock don't mesh at all. It's one heck of a logical contradiction.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 4 2003, 05:58 PM
I think the term "Christian Punk" is really amusing. The ideas of modern Christianity and Punk Rock don't mesh at all. It's one heck of a logical contradiction.

I couldn't agree more!! :p

Ummm, why didn't I hear MxPx? Awesome band to see live. I met them at Warped Tour this summer. They're really cool.

My favorite song ever is by them. It's called For Always. Go check it out.

Originally posted by HybridRevolution@Mar 4 2003, 12:32 PM
What was their name before linkin park?
How did they get the name linkin park?
And why did they have to change it?
what was the first semi label to sign them?

hardcore?

what band was chester in before hybrid theory?

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@Mar 4 2003, 01:39 AM
No way..i can't stand most punk...they are just ...i dunno..a Christian hardcore rock band..they're awesome..as for Crewdelsol..alright..i'll check 'em out..thx

I hear christian hardcore and I think...
homos gay bashing...
jewish Nazi's...
me with Altezza's...
don't they call this an oxymoron?

Code:
I hear christian hardcore and I think...
homos gay bashing...
jewish Nazi's...
me with Altezza's...
don't they call this an oxymoron?

I think the same.. doesnt apply....
:huh:

Anyways nuff with that
Jungle Music is really good.. and trance...
When You Hear The Silence - Turkan <-- see if u can find this.... not so trancy but is good.
Aphrodite - Wishing On a Star > sick jungle beats

i like any song that has to do with cars.. lol
Craig David - Fast Cars > its a good song to drive with....
Very metaphoric!

AHHHHHHH stop yelling at me!!! i dont know their history i just love every song that they have made.

fuckers!!!

:angry: :angry:

sike, y0, i would have said the same thing if i was you. but i just love their music.

Christian and harcore not going together? what are you retarded?? Christianity is just a religion..you could take any genre of music and make the lyrics about God or anything religious..don't be ignorant and assume certain types of music can't be Christian..anything for Jesus is Christian.

I had a friend back where i used to live who was huge into christian music, he let me listen to some of his god rock and it wasnt too bad.... until he brought out the HARDCORE, its sounds really weird and is just screaming for the most part.

FYI POD = christian rock

I dont think POD still considers themselves Christian Rock. I'm not sure though. I dont care to much for them, just acouple of their songs.

Christian rock can be hardcore.. Just scream your Christian lyircs and add a kickass guitar riff.. You have hardcore Christian rock.

I'll listen to anything I like, be it rock, rap, country, etc. (except pop, fuck that shit)

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 6 2003, 06:55 PM
I dont think POD still considers themselves Christian Rock. I'm not sure though. I dont care to much for them, just acouple of their songs.

They call thier fans "warriors", just listen to some of thier lyrics, its very evident that weve got god rock on our hands here.

Linkin Park kicks ass, every album they've ever had kicks ass, the next one will also kick ass. The thing I like most about them, is that they could've easily taken Hybrid Theory and Reanimation and spread those songs out over like 5+ CD's and filled the holes with crap, like Eminem and pretty much every other rapper. But I like every single one of their songs. Madd props to the LP.

How is Eminem crap? Go read his lyrics before you talk shit about him. LP speaks what they are feeling, so does Em.

That's not what I'm sayin, Em has some good "songs" but there will be like 5 on an album of 20 that are actually good. LP is 20 for 20. Things like skits. Gay gays giving each other blow jobs, all the other disposable crap the they use to make a "complete" album.

I can't stand the skits either. I think he puts those on there to take up space. Gratned most cd's now-a-days have 10-13 songs on them. I like a majority of the songs on the last 2 albums and a lot of the stuff that wasn't released.

Originally posted by Zerosk8r455@Mar 6 2003, 04:51 PM
Christian and harcore not going together? what are you retarded?? Christianity is just a religion..you could take any genre of music and make the lyrics about God or anything religious..don't be ignorant and assume certain types of music can't be Christian..anything for Jesus is Christian.

Hardcore music started out as a way for people to channel their anger, to send out a message about social injusticeand try to make a change. It has its roots in punk.What are the Christians angry about? It's supposed to be all about loving thy neighbor and crap like that. Punk/hardcore and Christian ideals have nothing in common. My cousin is in some "God Punk" band , and we have this discussion regularly. As for taking any genre and changing the lyrics, show me some Death Metal Christian...

EminemSCREW HIS MUSIC THIS GUY IS DAMN HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
s3e6a3e4a48b1c.jpg

hes do-able most here......
s3e6a3e321cbe5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back