Little Help Here<-----

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmuck8

Ok all u car people. I have a 95' civic coupe with a (in my mind) ugly kit. What do yall suggest would be a good kit for me to look at. I hate flashy and bulky kits. What do you all think???? (vielside has my idea of style, but dont need to spend 2 g's on a kit)

Wrong forum, and wrong site to be asking this question. Moving...

Originally posted by Afipunk21@May 30 2003, 02:30 PM
O to the E to them M, ya heard?

Rock it, Stock it.

I've been rockin' it stock for some time now other than the duckbill(downforce yO) and an oldschool "Union 76" antenna ball.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@May 30 2003, 11:30 AM

:werd:

IMO, fuk body kits !!!

why would you spend $2-3K on a bumber cover that's gonna get all jacked up if you hit a dip too fast or if you turn into a driver-way at the wrong angle. personally i don't like to make an investment like that's gonna be on the outside of my car where other people and the elements can jack it up.

Originally posted by rsaeini+May 30 2003, 03:51 PM-->
Afipunk21
@May 30 2003, 11:30 AM

:werd:

IMO, fuk body kits !!!

why would you spend $2-3K on a bumber cover that's gonna get all jacked up if you hit a dip too fast or if you turn into a driver-way at the wrong angle. personally i don't like to make an investment like that's gonna be on the outside of my car where other people and the elements can jack it up.

2-3k?????? How 'bout @$400 for the full body kit plus @800 for fitment and paint? that's not that bad. And some bodykits are good-looking. It all depends on what you like. But if you like Veilside, you are a ricer. :lol:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@May 30 2003, 06:29 PM
OEM is gay. your car looks exactly like 2349823478 other people's cars.

Ahh yes, because we all know body kits equal originality now, right?

Originally posted by Afipunk21+May 30 2003, 06:38 PM-->
liquid00meth
@May 30 2003, 06:29 PM
OEM is gay.  your car looks exactly like 2349823478 other people's cars.

Ahh yes, because we all know body kits equal originality now, right?

I'd rather have 2,000 other cars that look like mine than 4,000,000. And with custom paint, and a custom hybrid or custom fabricated body kit, there will be 0 other cars like yours.

It's easy to make fun of, but when someones car looks nice, AND it's faster than yours... you really don't have a leg to stand on when ragging on them. I'm not staying stock doesn't look OK... if It didn't I wouldn't own the car I have now. But I'm just saying in my opinion, body kits are a valid way of enhancing your car. Like it or not, I really don't care.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@May 30 2003, 06:49 PM
It's easy to make fun of, but when someones car looks nice, AND it's faster than yours... you really don't have a leg to stand on when ragging on them. I'm not staying stock doesn't look OK... if It didn't I wouldn't own the car I have now. But I'm just saying in my opinion, body kits are a valid way of enhancing your car. Like it or not, I really don't care.

i don't nessicarily agree, but that was nicely put :thumbsup: .

Originally posted by liquid00meth@May 30 2003, 03:49 PM

The rise of Originality is strong with this one. Good point, seriously people are actually standing up and saying "I like it and that's what matters, so screw off". THat's what matters, what the person likes, not what anyone else likes, I say buy what you want and looks best on the car, not what some guys on a honda board that talk about swaps all day say.

These people just say get oem because they don't want to be put in that "ricer" category with everyone else, and yeah if you hit an oem bumper on the ground or a curb, etc. it will break also.

Eye-beholder>>>>>>Others' Opinions

i prefer the stock (slightly modded) look because it keeps the cops off my ass
big fan of function over form... so if i happen to find something that truely does help the aerodynamics of the car then thereis a chance ill get a kit

but thats my oppinion for my car so :gives:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 30 2003, 09:02 PM
i prefer the stock (slightly modded) look because it keeps the cops off my ass
big fan of function over form... so if i happen to find something that truely does help the aerodynamics of the car then thereis a chance ill get a kit

but thats my oppinion for my car so :gives:

mugen kit, wind-tunnel proven, looks nice too.

I have a big problem with cop preception also, though. I can agree there. It's the main reason I'm im the process of trying to quiet down my exhaust.

cant find a REAL mugen kit for the del sol
saw them on the king motorsports site like 2 years ago ... havent seen them since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back