London Police Kill Man at Subway Station

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 23 2005, 07:24 AM
Actually, if your narrowminded biased view wasn't so skewed, you'd see that I am alot more open about admitting Americas faults and failures, then you and Recked are about it successes. Most of my bitches with yours and his post, are that you don't do shit to make anything better, yet feel it is your personal mission to do what you can to let everyone know that America/Bush (not synonomous) is fucked up, along with trying to blame all the worlds problems on the government.
[post=530108]Quoted post[/post]​

Is the implication here that you, being a member of the military, are somehow doing "shit" to make the world better? I'd continue on this topic, but that would require assumptions that i dont feel like making until i hear your place on this issue.

But dissenting voices are necessery in a democracy, and I'm sorry that you do not see this. Dissenters, from any party, are necessary because all too often we as a nation fall into complacency because its the easier thing to do. Are there better ways to voice this contrary opinion than on a board full of stubborn people who wouldnt admit validity in another person's point even if they saw it? Sure, but you can be sure that if they care enough to bother they more than likely try to make change through voting as well. Of course Its a good idea to do other things as well (letters to the editor, joining political campaigns, going to rallys) but passive politicing is better than none.

they needlessly kill one south african, the US needlessly kills thousands of Iraqis it's about the same i guess.

Did you guys see on the news that the person that was shot dead was not connected to the bombings? Now thats fucked up

Originally posted by Guy@Jul 23 2005, 03:11 PM
Is the implication here that you, being a member of the military, are somehow doing "shit" to make the world better? I'd continue on this topic, but that would require assumptions that i dont feel like making until i hear your place on this issue.

But dissenting voices are necessery in a democracy, and I'm sorry that you do not see this. Dissenters, from any party, are necessary because all too often we as a nation fall into complacency because its the easier thing to do. Are there better ways to voice this contrary opinion than on a board full of stubborn people who wouldnt admit validity in another person's point even if they saw it? Sure, but you can be sure that if they care enough to bother they more than likely try to make change through voting as well. Of course Its a good idea to do other things as well (letters to the editor, joining political campaigns, going to rallys) but passive politicing is better than none.
[post=530125]Quoted post[/post]​

I am all about dissention, but give me a break, at least add some flavor to it "Bush sucks", "Look, look, the sky is falling, Bush sucks" Ok dude, we get your point. And passive policing is about as useful as screen doors on submarines.

And I am not saying just being in the Army has brought about any world changing revelations, but I can guarantee you that I have done things that have helped some of the very people that these guys are crying abouts lives. More so than someone that screaming Bush sucks from the top of his keyboards lungs, so please, continue on if you like. Take a tip from my two year old, when you want something done, sometimes whining isn't enough, you might have to throw the bottle at papas head to get it filled up.

Honestly, how many here have sat down, and written a well thought out, productive letter to their congressman/senator/president/local city counselman? Openly protested the government at a rally? Spoken out to groups of people to motivate them towards a cause?

Haha, answering a question with a question, typical.

Back