Loosing Coolant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Scorpin

Ok guys, I need your help, I consider my self a good mechanic, went to school for it and all the good stuff. As most of you know i'm know new to the Honda world, just bought a 94 Civic DX from a friend of mine, with only on minor proble, it looses coolant once a week, I did pressure test on it, and don't show leaks from anywhere, that I can find, holds pressure really good too. No leaks from the water pump, radiator, hoses nothing. No coolant in the oil. none on the spark plugs nothing visible to the eye that I can see. The last thing I'm going to do it, is do a leak down test on it. My friend kept very good records on this car, and I noticed before that he had the same problem and honda removed the head and did valve job it, replaced all the general stuff. I'm just wondering now if it's the head again. What do you think.

Scorp.

if you dont find coolant in the oil its doubtful....thats just wacky bro...i dont know what to say about that.

Found the coolant leak, it is a blown head gastet, removed #1 plug to find it saturated with coolant, blowing it out the exhaust.

Back