Lost my Job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no matter how good you are at sales, today is a REAL bad time to be a car salesman

? really? they are all closing and going out of business everywhere else...

Well in my town its starting to pick up, atleast my work as a detailer is, so cars are apparently selling some how lol. But yea I understand that is pretty much the case now adays.

Depends on how many cars you sell. They mostly work off commission. I'm sure the base hourly rate differs from dealer to dealer.

Yup yup, one of my buddies tried sales out over the summer and he was telling us that they gave him like 2k for the first two months if he sold something or not. No where near the 58k he was making but its atleast enough to keep food in your mouth for the moment.

no matter how good you are at sales, today is a REAL bad time to be a car salesman

Agreed.

Other sales are the perfect place to begin the job search, however. Many of the companies still hiring are only hiring sales people to try to grow their top line revenue, while they are cutting all other costs.

Just make sure its a reputable place and product.

Back