Lotus C-01

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
http://jalopnik.com/the-lotus-c-01-is-a-stunner-superbike-from-the-man-behi-1526888423

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

19ga74j9up2lojpg.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

We knew Lotus, despite their many troubles, was making a motorcycle, or at least getting someone else to make it while they stuck their name on it. Now we know what it looks like, and it can best be summed up in one word: damn.

This is the Lotus C-01. It will be built by Kodewa, the German outfit that built Lotus' Le Mans car. It was designed by Daniel Simon, formerly of Bugatti and movies like Tron: Legacy. And it will apparently go on sale soon in very limited quantities, although pricing hasn't been announced. Only 100 are set to be produced.

Besides the gorgeous looks, why should you care? Because it sounds like an impressive performer. Top Gear says it has a high-performance brakes, a four-stroke 1195cc V-twin engine that puts out 200 horsepower, and weighs a smidge under 400 pounds.

More importantly, one version comes in that sweet, sweet Martini livery. Sure, it's just a limited-run thing, and it certainly isn't the answer to Lotus' many problems these days. But it's neat. I wouldn't kick it out of my garage.

With that kind of rake I can't imagine it turns in very quickly. Its sexy though.

i really like this.

if i were rich, i'd buy one and actually ride it.
personally, i think they are beautiful.

Damnit, I just put the lotion away too...

I wouldn't mind taking it for a spin.

Back