Ls Gearbox And Axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm pretty serious about making a RELIABLE street car out of an LS/T, so will i need to upgrade these components as well? From what i've read the ls tranny isn't set up to hold alot of power and i don't want to destroy one every time i get a little pedal happy. :D

get a quaife LSD for it.. you'll be set, they dropped in price alot in the last 2 years, now you can score them for under 800 bones.

Originally posted by Silver94Teg@Jan 8 2003, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty serious about making a RELIABLE street car out of an LS/T, so will i need to upgrade these components as well? From what i've read the ls tranny isn't set up to hold alot of power and i don't want to destroy one every time i get a little pedal happy. :D

They can hold quite a bit of power- just don't do anything stupid. One of my friends was pushing 240whp with an all stock LS setup and boost, and was running 13.3 in the quarter with drag radials and coasting down from about 2/3 of the way down the strip... so really making high 12 seconds on an all stock LS transmission.

Back