ls swap in a 90 civic dx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhatch9086

ok i wanna do i ls swap and it seems easy i have the wiring harness already and motor and tranny out of a 92 da but now i need to know if any one easy can tell me wat other parts i need i know motor mounts but is there any thing else and also i have a buddy who is parting out his 91 da so is there any parts i could get out of it so i would have to buy somethings? but main thing is what else do i need beside motor tranny wiring and motor mount to do this swap
thanks
jeff

out of your buddy's 91, you'll need the ecu, the intake manifold, possibly the dizzy, injectors, half shaft, both axles, shift linkages, and the rear mount bracket.

Bump for 1320^^

I think you're right about the ecu, dizzy, injectors and maybe alternator

The LS complete swap is OBD1, right? I believe '92 was first year of OBD1

I'm not sure but I thought 91 and 92 axles and mounts on a DA were the same? Same body....but I could be wrong.

Also thought you need aftermarket or shortened shift linkage. And I always heard you need aftermarket mounts too?? But 1320 is an EF man and I'm an EG man so hopefully he can chime in

i didn't read anywhere in the originator's post that he had any axles or mounts from the 92. his buddy is parting out a 91 DA, so i was just letting him know what to get while he had the chance. anyway...yes on aftermarket mounts. make sure you get a complete three(3) piece set if you opt for Ebay. on the level of obd...he said he had an LS from a 92. that would make it OBD1, yes. that is why he needs an intake manifold, injectors, and dizzy from the 91. as for the shift linkage, what i did was got a B series linkage and cut and welded to shorten it. I'll hafta do some looking on the exact measurement for that. the alternator needs to be OBD0 also, so you are right on that. he does need the alternator from the 91....hey, CAFROG, hit me up with some rep points homie...

JUST DONT FORGET THE STOPING POWER....
SO IN THAT CASE GET UR BUDDYS SPINDLES <BRAKES AND LINES< ROTORS
AND MASTER CYLINDERS IF YOU WANT STOP ON A DIME ....HAHA
PS DONT FORGET THE REP PLZ

99 DC2 B18C5 TURBO ,,,daily
88hf CRX B16 TURBO...project
07CIVIC SI K20...wifey ride

^^^the brakes and shit would be cool, but not necessary. the stock brakes and spindles will match up with the 91 DA axles just fine. you need to remove the dust seals from the backside of the stock spindles for clearance.

I rep'd it up 1320....no worries....check your control panel.

And you're probably right about the axles....i thought it was the whole swap

Back