Ls/vtec ef hatch help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I traded an old block I had for it. so its trash huh? it was brand new so I figured what the hey

I traded an old block I had for it. so its trash huh? it was brand new so I figured what the hey

Ouch! No! Listen to Matt and everyone else when they tell you to avoid eBay CRAP! It's ultimately up to you if you want to put that turbo on your build but look at it this way, do you really want to risk screwing things up and having to do things twice? I would suggest going with a reputable turbo company, rather than the "glue together" eBay XSPower/anyothercraptheysellonthere. Best of luck to you my friend. :thumbsup:

Also keep in mind the 5 bolt flange angle on that ebay turbo is a little off when compared to a Garrett/Precision/Bullseye/Turbonetics flange. I bring that up because a lot of people say they will just swap it out later when in fact theres a little more involved than just unbolting one and bolting up the new turbo.

Also keep in mind the 5 bolt flange angle on that ebay turbo is a little off when compared to a Garrett/Precision/Bullseye/Turbonetics flange. I bring that up because a lot of people say they will just swap it out later when in fact theres a little more involved than just unbolting one and bolting up the new turbo.

I am glad u mentioned that because I was debating if I should throw it up there temporarily & upgrade but I rather wait & get a quality turbo.

Yeah man, I understand ya there. But here's the scoop on eBay stuff. Its crap quality. The only thing any of it is really good for is the raw materials. For example, I have an eBay downpipe and eBay charge piping on my setup.

Also, once you buy an eBay piece for your setup, you're pretty much stuck with an eBay setup. The flanges aren't the same as Turbonetics/Garret/Etc. They are close, but fitment is crappy.

If you do decide to put that turbo on your car, PLEASE get a trusted wastegate. You DO NOT want an eBay wastegate to spike, and trust me it will happen. The diaphrams are made out of paper in those wastegates. Paper + 400+ degrees, you tell me how long you think thats going to last.

A buddy of mine had an eBay t3/t4 on his LSVTEC EG, 400 miles later and its already spitting oil out of the exhaust and into the intake.

Back